Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server crashes with rcbot enabled
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Liger_XT5
It's been awhile, but I decided to play ns again, so I have installed everything from steam to ns, including some plugins like rcbot.

I have trouble-shooted the problem, and have come to just one thing, even with all plugins off and just RCbot on, game crashes when I try to create a Lan server, works just fine when rcbot is disabled.
I know it is not any other plugins because I have tried with other plugins without rcbot, and the server starts just fine.

I have downloaded the full rcbot and installed it. (No beta files) and rcbot worked, but when I got about 20 mins, I realized that non of the aliens nor marines were shooting, felt stupid for not seeing this in the first 5 minutes.
I then remembered this happening when one of the NS updates came out messed with the weapons, so the bots couldn't tell which one they were using.
So I downloaded the beta .Dll's, then the game crashed again.
Though I knew it wouldn't work, I had tried using the other dlls that I overwritten and updated the other files with the beta, bots still didn't attack.

Since I haven't played NS for awhile, I don't know what I have missed.
LordSkitch
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....&#entry7096

didja try those files?
Liger_XT5
I didn't see that, but still same results.
I noticed the debug .dll, would it would that help fix it, if so, how do I install/use it.
LordSkitch
they work the same way as the normal dll's. im using the debug myself at the moment.

what version of metamod are you using?
Liger_XT5
I've downloaded the newest from metamod.org
I'll try the debug file in a sec, I'll edit when I get back.

edit:
the debug works perfectly, thanks.
micx1
i'm having crashes in ns_lost when the bots start fighting each other near marine start...

happened twice in a row already...

im using ns 3.2.0 and rcbot skitch's 1.4 temp compiles
LordSkitch
check to see if its rcbot_mm.dll thats crashing, or ns.dll in the event viewer (right click my computer, click manage)

there may be something wrong with the map itself thats freaking out, or some complications of plugins or something
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.