Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bot_users
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
spellman23
I'm a little confused on how to set this up. I'm using the 1.38b RCBot setup.

# RCBOT USERS
# ------------
# Usage:
# (name in quotes) (password (no spaces)) (accesslevel)
# e.g.
# "John" johns_pass 10
# for john to have access level 10
# and password "johns_pass"
#
# Example : "John" johns_pass 10
"" * 63 STEAM_ID_LAN

This is what is in the file. I understand that this system basically gives access powers based on a special code to a person using the proper screen name and password.

However, the actual one in the file preset has another piece of info filled in with STEAM_ID_LAN. What is this?

Also, in it's default setup, does this give all users basically 63 (full) RCBot powers? Or no one?

Finally, dose this imply that if no one has RCBot command powers, that RCbots cannot be added to the game?

On a side note, why not utilize Steam's Admin setup or log special RCBot "admins" using SteamIDs instead when available?

Edit: using the latest files, which on your Files site says 1.38, but from the download site says 1.40 for core files annd 1.441 for dll files. Please get some better documentation up... please.
LordSkitch
"" * 63 STEAM_0:0:2551022

"" - any name can be used
* - any password can be used
63 - level of access (63 = full access)
STEAM_0:0:2551022 - my steam ID, put yours there instead

and the latest compiles:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1011
spellman23
yay. Thanks
spellman23
For some reason, using

"" * 63

doesn't give everyone all RCBot powers. How do I do it?
LordSkitch
there was actually some coding problem with that... only the first one that uses "" will be counted, the rest are considered redundant... youll have to put in their actual names to get them to work, i might look at that code when i have some time
spellman23
Q: do I have to give the Steam IDs as well? Or can I just try to spam a whole bunch of user names, give no password, and no Steam ID value to give my players access?
Cheeseh
you have to have either steam Id or password (at least one)
spellman23
what's the command to input your password and give RCBot admin powers?

I'm assuming it's something we can also put into our userconfig files.
LordSkitch
searching for "password" and 25 seconds of looking yielded:

rcbot set_pass yourpassword
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.