Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bot Profiles still don't work.
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
FearLess
I have installed the rcbot right just like your guide said. I go ingame and see the rcbot commands working. But when i try to add a bot it gives me a error saying no free bot profiles. So i came back to read faq and said to install the bot folders out side of the mod folder. So i did at the half-life folder. And still couldn't add a bot to marines. Should i delete the bot folder in the ns/addons/rcbot/botproflies when i install it in another folder like /half-life ?. Or should i delete the profiles and make my own. Please help thanks.
LordSkitch
put a file in the ns folder called

rcbot_folder.ini

and in it put:

ns\addons\rcbot
FearLess
I did that when i first installed Rcbot
LordSkitch
well do you have the whole thing installed then? the only reason it'll give you that error is if you installed it to the wrong place, installed it wrong, or for whatever reason it cant find the files its lookin for.
Cheeseh
QUOTE(LordSkitch @ Sep 29 2007, 08:15 AM) *

well do you have the whole thing installed then? the only reason it'll give you that error is if you installed it to the wrong place, installed it wrong, or for whatever reason it cant find the files its lookin for.

bot_profiles.ini must exist in the bot folder too, it should have written in it all the valid profiels e.g.

CODE

etc...
Sandman[SA]
Okay, just so we are clear on this, the rcbot folder must remain intact meening you can't just move the bot_profiles folder somewhere else outside the rcbot folder.

When your installing rcbot on a stand alone dedicated server and want it to follow the addons standerd, (giving that you already have metamod installed and running) there are only a few simple steps.

Unzip the rcbot folder and all it's contents to your C:/hlserver/ns/addons folder. Upgrade the dlls and waypoints when nessisary.
Create a new file named rcbot_folder.ini and place it in your C:/hlserver/ns folder. Open it with any text editer and add ns\addons\rcbot to it.
Go to your C:/hlserver/ns/addons/metamod/plugins.ini and add win32 addons/rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll to that.

And that's it, your done. You can use this method for an example to install rcbot on any kind of server. Listenserver, stand alone dedicated server or steam dedicated server. It's all the same after you reach the ns folder.
FearLess
I installed rcbot in my ns\addons folder so when i start my game up i can create a server and play around with friends. Its not a dedicated computer. And i have done everyone of these steps.
Installed in half-life\ns\addons\ . Then i made the rcbot_folder.ini with ns\addons\rcbot and metamod plugins.ini has been added to with that line. Bot_profiles.ini is in the bot folder and has the code of
all the way down to 25. Rcbot does work i can use the menu and everything. Just cannot get passed the bot profile error.After reinstalling rcbot to the addons folder. Where should i move the bot_profiles folder just so im clear about this.
Thanks for the help.
Cheeseh
botprofiles folder should be in half-life/rcbot/botprofiles

if not you should make a file called rcbot_folder.ini in the MOD folder (Ns folder) that says "ns/addons/rcbot" I guess thats where you put it
FearLess
Fix. Thanks for all the help guys this bot mod is great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.