Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too many bots
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Jellric
Hi, I love the rcbots- they are much more human-like than the HPB_bots I've been running for several years. But I have a couple of questions before I feel I can really use them on my server and replace HPB bot:

When a player joins, the bot count is not reduced. On map change the count IS adjusted. What I often end up with is four bots playing when there are five humans. I would like to see no bots in that situation. That defeats my purpose of running bots- give the players some target practice before enough real players join server. My min bots = 0, max bots = 4. Is the bot count only adjusted at map change?

I am running HLDM1.

Also, I see that admins are given noclip and godmode. I don't want my admins having this power. Is there any way to turn that off?

Cheeseh
Hi Jellric, unfortunately the way that min_bots and max_bots works is to keep the number of players & bots equal or more than max_bots.

Whenever the server starts a bot is added until the number of bots = min_bots and the number of players = max_Bots
Whenever a player joins a bot is kicked unless the number of bots = min_bots
Whenever a player leaves a bot joins if max_bots is not equal to the Number of players

hope that helps .... hehe

for the admins, remove their "Util" privilege.

use the page:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/accesslev.htm

untick "util" and use the calculated number for the admins

QUOTE(Jellric @ Feb 25 2008, 05:52 PM) *

Hi, I love the rcbots- they are much more human-like than the HPB_bots I've been running for several years. But I have a couple of questions before I feel I can really use them on my server and replace HPB bot:

When a player joins, the bot count is not reduced. On map change the count IS adjusted. What I often end up with is four bots playing when there are five humans. I would like to see no bots in that situation. That defeats my purpose of running bots- give the players some target practice before enough real players join server. My min bots = 0, max bots = 4. Is the bot count only adjusted at map change?

I am running HLDM1.

Also, I see that admins are given noclip and godmode. I don't want my admins having this power. Is there any way to turn that off?

Jellric
I don't know how but it's working now. I did change max bots to 4 from 5 but I don't think that would account for it. I do have a lot of plugins so maybe one of them was interfering with the bots.

But now they exit when a player joins as they are supposed to. I can't believe I've been running HPB bots all this time but I only recently found out about yours.

You really did a great job with these bots. Their AI combined with the waypoints make them seem extremely human. Next I will play around with creating waypoints for them in different maps..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.