Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bots don't do much...
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Lowbacca
I have managed to get RCBot and Whichbot working together, I had several WB bots on aliens, and several RCBots on Marines, and they marines did nothing other then walk aimlessly around spawn. When the WB bot aliens came in, they whiped out all the marines without them firing a single shot, and having them yelling "Xenoform spotted!" all over the place dry.gif ... I have downloaded and put waypoints into the correct places, that I am sure of, and don't know what to do. If anybody could please help me with this I would be very grateful, I really want to play with my bots sad.gif
Cheeseh
doesnt sound like you have the latest DLL file

try skitches'

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1011
Lowbacca
Hmm, now it is saying this in console,

[RCBOT>] Adding Bot...
[RCBOT>] Error: No Bot Profiles have been found that are free...
[RCBOT>] The bot command addbot returned an error

It was working yesterday, but now that I added the new dll file this has happened.. Any ideas?
Cheeseh
follow this thread smile.gif

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1112
Lowbacca
Well it worked... Kinda...
I can add bots once more, but they still stand around spawn saying "I'm in position" and "Xenoform spotted!" when they see the Whichbots come in, they don't shoot either..
I downloaded and replace the latest DLL file you linked.
If I didn't mention this before I am using these on Natural Selection
Please help sad.gif
Cheeseh
It could be another metamod plugin causing a problem. Even if you move around the order of the DLL in the metamod plugins.ini does it help? I will ask skitch/sandman if they know of this problem.
LordSkitch
the only time ive seen the bots not attack, but still freak out when seeing an enemy, was during the ns 3.2 change over... we fixed all that a long time ago though, so first make sure youre using this http://skitch.dwmh.net/rcbot/rcbot_mm.dll

double check your metamod.ini and make sure its pointing to the right dll, in fact, go to your server root, search for all instances of rcbot*.dll, and delete them all, then copy the one from dwmh.net to the server, that way youre positive that youre using that dll.

also, in \rcbot\bot_config.ini make sure the lines

config wait_for_orders 0
config dont_shoot 0

and

config max_path_revs 500

they should default to those, but you never know...
Sandman[SA]
I was going to mention what skitchy just did. It sounds like some configs are not getting loaded. Lowbacca, can you check the console for any errors that might be poping up?
Lowbacca
I've got the DLL you posted Skitch, and I also looked in my rcbot/config.ini

config wait_for_orders 1
config dont_shoot 0
config max_path_revs 100

Thats what I saw in there, should I change them to the values you posted?

Thanks.
Cheeseh
can you also post your plugins.ini file for metamod
Lowbacca
Metamod plugins.ini
## $Id: plugins.ini,v 1.3 2003/05/19 06:55:08 clamatius Exp $
win32 addons/whichbot/dlls/whichbot.dll
win32 addons/rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll

I'm pretty sure thats right.
Anything else I should post?
Cheeseh
well the rcbot DLL is installed in the wrong folder

in metamod plugins.ini, it should be

../rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll

and there should be an rcbot folder where all the mods are in the main HL folder (With a dlls folder in it and the rcbot_mm metamod dll)

try fixing that smile.gif

note: i'm off for a short break for a few days. will be back on thursday,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.