Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bot profile help
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
ANGRY Shaved Whale
Well I really do not know where to start this one. Here it goes.

Our server we are running, is a spitting image of sandmans server. Seeing how we got our files from you(Sandman) tongue.gif. Anyways the sandbox profile names keep being used, even when there is no profile for that name in the profile folder. Since the time we got the files till now, we have had no problems what so ever. Now that our server is getting more people, we wanted to add more slots. In doing so we want to add more bots.

I go through our bot profiles changed all the bot names, and changed the number of bots to 10(just a play number for now). The funny thing is, I still get the sandbox profiles and my new profiles. Here is what I set for the max and min bots on the server.

config max_bots 10
config min_bots 10

When the server restarted, I get my 10 bots with the names I choosed. At the same time the bots are joining to the spectator room, the sandbox crew shows up also. blink.gif. So I have 18 total bots running, when I only wanted 10 for now.

On the Rcbot controls I have no problems using them. When I go for instence and rcbot removebot, it removes the bot or bots that I named, and the [sb] bots stay without being kicked.

Well, any ideas how to help me? I been scratching my head for acouple hours now. unsure.gif

anyways thanks if you can help

ANGRYShavedWhale

PS the server ip is 76.175.212.153:27022 [On|E] Battlegrounds. You can see both the different bots running.
Cheeseh
I don't know exactly what the problem is :S

Did you check the the bot_profiles.ini only has the numbers that you want in it, and are there no "ini.s" in the bot profiles folder with sandman's names in them, If there are, then the bots are added randomly, so possibly a "sandman" bot will be added!

I will alert sandman about it anyway tongue.gif
ANGRY Shaved Whale
My profiles are set 1-10. The bots I want are using these names, its just the [sb] ones are showing up and I have no clue where to even look to change. Again I get my 10 bots I wanted, but I get an adtional 8 bots who's prefix is [sb]. These bots I have no control over them in the bot menu. Only want currently I can do is remove them manual with amx_kick.

Also I just uploaded my bot profiles to my ftp space. I would make a direct link to download them, but frankly I forget how to do html crap. So here is the root directory on my ftp space, and you can from there find the two files.

http://home.neo.rr.com/stoogeville/

Lol not a good sign when the devolper is scratching his head tongue.gif . At anyrate this was changed some how, and it can be changed back. The trick is finding where smile.gif.

EDIT:
I also forgot to mention I deleted all the bot profiles in the profile's folder that are not 1-10. I saved the ones I deleted, only did this to ensure I am getting the new names and not the [sb] ones by mistake.

Second EDIT:
I found out that the server that is doing this problem was offline. I just turned it back online as of 8:40 est.
Sandman[SA]
Hi, sorry about the mess. But first things first. If you want to change the bot names you must go to your ns/addons/rcbot/botprofiles folder and edit each of the 31 numbered ini files. Each one has a selected user name for a bot as well as any skill settings and mod choice veriables. Once that is done, check out the ns/addons/rcbot/map_configs folder as there is a config file made for every map I have on my server. Each config has a pre defined number of bots to join automaticly per map.

Let me know if you need any farther help.
ANGRY Shaved Whale
If you want to change the bot names you must go to your ns/addons/rcbot/botprofiles folder and edit each of the 31 numbered ini files.

Here is the thing, I said this before in my earilier posts, I edited all of the bot profiles in the profiles folder. I also went as far as deleting 15-32 bot profiles, to insure I have the names I only want used.

I really do not know where the program is geting these names. In an poor attemp to fix this, I deleted the self creating .rcr and .brn. Once it recreated the files upon server startup the [sb] crew still showed up. I have dont everything outlined in the user manual part on how to change the names and where at to do so.

I also went into the map config files like you said, and there is nothing in there that deals with a bot name. It only deals with adding the bot, max_path_revs, which team to join, and so on.

If need be, I can make a temp ftp access to the server files so you can look directly and see what exactly this is problem is...
ANGRY Shaved Whale
I found the problem, and fixed it. In the maps config it has "wb add". I thought nothing of it till it hit me... its wb not rc add. So I started going back through the whichbot folder again, and it also hit me... I saw all the names beinh used... Now that I go back and think of this.... I really pulled my pants down on this one... It was right in front of me the eniter time. unsure.gif

Any rate, thank you guys for looking into my problem.

ANGRYShavedWhale
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.