Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CP_ and KOTH_ custom maps, they don't capture waypoints
RCBot Forums > Waypoints > RCBot 2 Waypoints
343N
CP_, KOTH_, Arena_ custom maps, they don't capture the control point, they just go past it. I used waypoint type : capture. But that didn't work.

I see other custom maps WORKING. HOWEVER, The ones I waypoint don't work. Does each map need a script, if so, is there any tutorial on scripting?
343N
Is this a good code? For koth_twisted...

CODE
#
# RCBot2 Script TWISTED KOTH
#
#
:setup_time:0
:on_reset:
blue_attack:1
blue_defend:1
red_attack:1
red_defend:1
areas:0
Fillmore
QUOTE(343N @ Sep 5 2009, 10:39 AM) *

Is this a good code? For koth_twisted...

CODE
#
#
#

it does tell the bots to cap the point but it also makes them defend when they should cap the point.
and you dont need to have setup_time if the map doesnt have setup.
Also adding the blue_cap and red_cap tags will make the bots play slightly better.
CODE
#
#
#
blue_defend:0
red_defend:0
:on_blue_cap:cpnamehere
blue_attack:0
:on_red_cap:cpnamehere
red_attack:0

I also waypointed this map,but removed it when I noticed that for some reason,bots can see through the walls.
It caused soldiers and demomen to kill themselves alot,and snipers never got out of their spawn because they were "sniping" the other sniper on the other side.
to get the cpname,type rcbot debug gameevent 1 to console and stand on a point you can capture.
then find the part on the console that says cpname = the hill,for example.
343N
QUOTE(Fillmore @ Sep 5 2009, 10:18 PM) *

it does tell the bots to cap the point but it also makes them defend when they should cap the point.
and you dont need to have setup_time if the map doesnt have setup.
Also adding the blue_cap and red_cap tags will make the bots play slightly better.
CODE
#
#
#
:on_blue_cap:cpnamehere
blue_attack:0
:on_red_cap:cpnamehere
red_attack:0

I also waypointed this map,but removed it when I noticed that for some reason,bots can see through the walls.
It caused soldiers and demomen to kill themselves alot,and snipers never got out of their spawn because they were "sniping" the other sniper on the other side.
to get the cpname,type rcbot debug gameevent 1 to console and stand on a point you can capture.
then find the part on the console that says cpname = the hill,for example.

Thanks! Yeah, they shoot through walls because the map is made out of displacements. If your a mapper you'll know what I mean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.