Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New update
RCBot Forums > News > Offtopic
Otakumanu
Yes I know this has nothing to do, but...
So, in the new update you can now buy items you didnt get... microtransactions you know.
I know you can still gain items by normal play but SERIOUSLY WTF.
It looks like valve has started making paid dlc mad.gif
Now not only we will get lots of players with powerful items just because they lended it a little cash, but how is rcbot gonna work with this?
How are we gonna get the authorization from valve with all this scheme?
Its like they said, its activalve now.
Cheeseh
I've made a new offtopic forum so we can discuss things like this,

I think valve has been going overboard with the idea of continuously updating , adding lots of weapons, features and hats.... I was happy the way the game was when it was released! Never mind that but I've got to always keep tabs on the bot every two days as there seems to be an update that often, and there is no support
Geralt
QUOTE(Otakumanu @ Oct 1 2010, 05:28 AM) *

Yes I know this has nothing to do, but...
So, in the new update you can now buy items you didnt get... microtransactions you know.
I know you can still gain items by normal play but SERIOUSLY WTF.
It looks like valve has started making paid dlc mad.gif
Now not only we will get lots of players with powerful items just because they lended it a little cash, but how is rcbot gonna work with this?
How are we gonna get the authorization from valve with all this scheme?
Its like they said, its activalve now.

You need to chill out. I'll put these in a list so it should be easier to follow:
  • It looks like Valve has started making paid DLC? No, it is still free, but you've now got a choice to help fund future updates even more by purchasing the items. You're not forced to purchase the items so what's the big deal?
  • No you will not get lots of players with powerful items - all of the items are balanced, or will be balanced over time. You can not get any powerful weapons by paying for them - all of the gameplay effecting weapons are still available to find, craft or trade.
  • How is RCBot gonna work with this? The same as it's always worked - this update hasn't changed the way weapons and other items are acquired, it merely adds another way to acquire them.
  • How are you gonna get authorization? What do you mean by that?
I believe it's a great idea - it gives those people who don't have a lot of chance to play the game to acquire new items.

If you don't like it, then just ignore it and imagine it wasn't there - all the in-game store is doing is helping Valve make money, and don't pretend that's a bad thing: Valve have and still will release free content for their games - you should be happy for that and you should be willing to pay for an item or two as thanks to them.

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Oct 1 2010, 10:02 AM) *
I think valve has been going overboard with the idea of continuously updating , adding lots of weapons, features and hats.... I was happy the way the game was when it was released! Never mind that but I've got to always keep tabs on the bot every two days as there seems to be an update that often, and there is no support

I was happy the way it was when it was released, too... but I'm more happy with it now. I've played it constantly for the past few years, Valve have kept me coming back and back to the game every couple of months. As soon as I get bored with the game, Valve gives me something free of charge so I start enjoying it again. I'm certainly not complaining - over time it's only gotten, and will still get, better. I can't see myself still playing the game today if Valve hadn't released any of the free content.
Otakumanu
I just said this because I thought "with all this junk, how are we going to make rcbot compatible?"
I hope you are right and valve lets us use rcbot...
I mean you saw in the other topic that loading the rcbot now makes the game crash, just said because of that.
Well I only hope valve doesnt make us pay for maps.(wich I think is unlikely, due to custom maps be on the scene, unless valve prohibits custom maps, but that is also unlikely, custom content is a big part in tf2)
DaVinci
Agreed, the updates every few days are a real hassle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.