Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rcbot2 error: Unable to load earlier game interface
RCBot Forums > RCBot 2 for HL2 > RCbot2
Rusty
I recently downloaded and installed, following the instructions to the letter, the latest version of the rcbot for TF2. If I try to load the plugin in secure mode, it won't detect a valid signature, so no dice. If I have it with -insecure, however, it gives me the following:

] plugin_load ..\bin\HPB_Bot2
Loading unsigned module ..\bin\HPB_Bot2
Access to secure servers is disabled.
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERINFOMANAGER IPlayerInfoManager playerinfomanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_VENGINESERVER IVEngineServer engine
[RCBOT] Found interface FILESYSTEM_INTERFACE_VERSION IFileSystem filesystem
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ISERVERPLUGINHELPERS IServerPluginHelpers helpers
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ENGINETRACE_SERVER IEngineTrace enginetrace
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_SERVERGAMEENTS IServerGameEnts servergameents
[RCBOT] Found interface IEFFECTS_INTERFACE_VERSION IEffects g_pEffects
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager
[RCBOT] Found interface VDEBUG_OVERLAY_INTERFACE_VERSION IVDebugOverlay debugoverlay
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_GAMEEVENTSMANAGER2 IGameEventManager2 gameeventmanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_GAMEEVENTSMANAGER IGameEventManager gameeventmanager1
[RCBOT] Cannot open latest game server interface for TF2
Checking for older version...[RCBOT] Cannot open older game server interface
Failed to load plugin "..\bin\HPB_Bot2"
Unable to load plugin "..\bin\HPB_Bot2"

I am unsure why this is happening, or how to fix it.
Fillmore
QUOTE(Rusty @ Aug 8 2012, 03:12 PM) *

I recently downloaded and installed, following the instructions to the letter, the latest version of the rcbot for TF2. If I try to load the plugin in secure mode, it won't detect a valid signature, so no dice. If I have it with -insecure, however, it gives me the following:
] plugin_load ..\bin\HPB_Bot2
Loading unsigned module ..\bin\HPB_Bot2
Access to secure servers is disabled.
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERINFOMANAGER IPlayerInfoManager playerinfomanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_VENGINESERVER IVEngineServer engine
[RCBOT] Found interface FILESYSTEM_INTERFACE_VERSION IFileSystem filesystem
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ISERVERPLUGINHELPERS IServerPluginHelpers helpers
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ENGINETRACE_SERVER IEngineTrace enginetrace
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_SERVERGAMEENTS IServerGameEnts servergameents
[RCBOT] Found interface IEFFECTS_INTERFACE_VERSION IEffects g_pEffects
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager
[RCBOT] Found interface VDEBUG_OVERLAY_INTERFACE_VERSION IVDebugOverlay debugoverlay
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_GAMEEVENTSMANAGER2 IGameEventManager2 gameeventmanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_GAMEEVENTSMANAGER IGameEventManager gameeventmanager1
[RCBOT] Cannot open latest game server interface for TF2
Failed to load plugin "..\bin\HPB_Bot2"
Unable to load plugin "..\bin\HPB_Bot2"

I am unsure why this is happening, or how to fix it.

Actually, you're supposed to load the plugin in insecure mode, as it doesn't have VALVe's seal of approval. I got this glitch myself after a TF2 update, but Cheeseh fixed it pretty quick. Are you sure it is infact this one and not the "Fixed RCbot2" that I've posted which is now outdated?
Rusty
QUOTE(Fillmore @ Aug 8 2012, 02:41 PM) *

Actually, you're supposed to load the plugin in insecure mode, as it doesn't have VALVe's seal of approval. I got this glitch myself after a TF2 update, but Cheeseh fixed it pretty quick. Are you sure it is infact this one and not the "Fixed RCbot2" that I've posted which is now outdated?

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

EDIT: New problem. When I go and add the bots, as soon as the game is supposed to start, it crashes to desktop with the "HL2.exe has stopped working and needs to close" error message. Console just says that the bots have been added, then crash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.