Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Suggestion] High Five bots
RCBot Forums > RCBot 2 for HL2 > RCbot2 > TF2
ThreeHeavys
Hi I was thinking of a good idea for bots.
If you have the high five taunt and use it a bot will try to high five you just like with the tf2 bots.
Because just standing infront of the bots with my high five taunt out i feel like they dont even care tongue.gif
Cheeseh
QUOTE(ThreeHeavys @ May 31 2014, 09:36 AM) *

Hi I was thinking of a good idea for bots.
If you have the high five taunt and use it a bot will try to high five you just like with the tf2 bots.
Because just standing infront of the bots with my high five taunt out i feel like they dont even care tongue.gif

Yeah, thing is how do I know if a player is doing a high five taunt ? I will need to search the code and check, will let you know.

PS> I;m not very good with new TF stuff. How do I even get the high-five taunt to test ? hehe tongue.gif
ThreeHeavys
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 31 2014, 01:34 PM) *

Yeah, thing is how do I know if a player is doing a high five taunt ? I will need to search the code and check, will let you know.

PS> I;m not very good with new TF stuff. How do I even get the high-five taunt to test ? hehe tongue.gif

biggrin.gif I bought it not very expensive though. If you dont have the taunt thats bad luck.

You can get it for about 1 key when trading or get it in Mannco store for about 5,39 Euro.
I dont Suggest to buy it better get it with trading tongue.gif. But thats up to you.
Cheeseh
QUOTE(ThreeHeavys @ Jun 1 2014, 07:04 PM) *

biggrin.gif I bought it not very expensive though. If you dont have the taunt thats bad luck.

You can get it for about 1 key when trading or get it in Mannco store for about 5,39 Euro.
I dont Suggest to buy it better get it with trading tongue.gif. But thats up to you.

well I just bought it so I could test it, pain that you have t pay for something that's already included in the game.

rolleyes.gif

anyway, I coded it and its working ok now with my current code
ThreeHeavys
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jun 4 2014, 09:23 AM) *

well I just bought it so I could test it, pain that you have t pay for something that's already included in the game.

rolleyes.gif

anyway, I coded it and its working ok now with my current code

Great! When will the 0.86 build be out biggrin.gif
Cheeseh
QUOTE(ThreeHeavys @ Jun 4 2014, 02:38 PM) *

Great! When will the 0.86 build be out biggrin.gif

I could put it put there soon but I since removed the need for scripts, so some waypoints need to be changed, i'm going through them one by one only a few hours a week at a time, not much time to do it. This is to support cp_degrootkeep and cp_gravelpit etc
ThreeHeavys
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jun 5 2014, 03:19 AM) *

I could put it put there soon but I since removed the need for scripts, so some waypoints need to be changed, i'm going through them one by one only a few hours a week at a time, not much time to do it. This is to support cp_degrootkeep and cp_gravelpit etc

I just Checked build 0.9 and it was awesome!. Also i just tested the highfive on the bots and they work pretty well, There are little problems with it though here is what can be improved in my opinion:

-Bots should not waste their time to high five me when there is a enemy nearby unlikely the tf2 bots lol
-Bots dont face me when doing high five, make it cost a bit of time to adjust the right position.
-Optional: Bots have a chance to deny a highfive request saying the No voice option wink.gif

Keep up the good work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.