Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game crashes adding bots
RCBot Forums > RCBot 2 for HL2 > RCbot2 > TF2
Anthony
Hi I'm having a bit of a issue with the bots, Whenever I try to add a bot the game crashes.

I'm using the latest release 0.94 and the newest tf2 version.
I haven't changed any of the settings except turning hook once off and back on to see if that would fix it.
Here's a picture of the console right after the crash if it's any help

IPB Image
madmax2
Hi Anthony,

I don't have TF2 installed to test, but try this (TF2 ONLY):

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12971

Okay, there are more OFFSETS that you need to change before you add any bots or join a team yourself

you can put this in to the config before bots are added or do it manually

type these commands in console before adding bots or joining a team (or do it in config)

rcbot_const_round_offset 844
rcbot_const_mstr_offset 844
rcbot_const_pnt_offset 1140

Cheeseh, I think this needs to be Pinned... rolleyes.gif
Anthony
QUOTE(madmax2 @ Oct 31 2014, 11:01 PM) *

Hi Anthony,

I don't have TF2 installed to test, but try this (TF2 ONLY):

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12971
Cheeseh, I think this needs to be Pinned... rolleyes.gif

That seemed to have helped because it ran a visibility check after loading pl_thundermountain but it still crashed with the SteamID error when I added a bot.
Fillmore
QUOTE(Anthony @ Nov 1 2014, 05:45 AM) *

That seemed to have helped because it ran a visibility check after loading pl_thundermountain but it still crashed with the SteamID error when I added a bot.

Check your rcbot_runplayer_cmd
madmax2
QUOTE(Fillmore @ Nov 1 2014, 11:10 AM) *

Check your rcbot_runplayer_cmd

Hi Fillmore,

Is it working for you? I was going to ask if any other TF2 users could tell us if TF2 + Rcbot2 is still working or not???

Googling that error: "Cannot verify load for invalid steam ID [A:1:0:1]", seems to suggest one of the latest TF2 updates may be causing a crash? unsure.gif

Then I was going to suggest he try a few different values for "rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 417", maybe 416 & 418... wink.gif
dgesd
Hello!
I found a minute to check out different numbers and found a solution.
On rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 416 the game does not crash, but the bots don't move. 417 the game crash. But rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 418 the game does not crash and the bots are working properly.
Checked on maps pl and cp.
madmax2
QUOTE(dgesd @ Nov 1 2014, 12:47 PM) *

Hello!
On rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 416 the game does not crash, but the bots don't move. 417 the game crash. But rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 418 the game does not crash and the bots are working properly.

Thanks for the testing, dgesd... wink.gif

A Valve update strikes again... blink.gif

Anthony, try value 418, hopefully it will solve the problem for you...
Anthony
Yea looks like changing it to 418 did the trick. Thanks for all the help. smile.gif
Cheeseh
QUOTE(dgesd @ Nov 1 2014, 09:47 PM) *

Hello!

noted , pinned, will change for next release to default 418
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.