Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TF2 bots
RCBot Forums > News > Offtopic
genmac
Rcbot2 has so much improvements concerning tf2 so I'm downloading it now and while waiting for a whooping 15 gigs to finish on my slow net, just wondering how the stock bots are doing now?
Can they play all the different game modes now?
Cheeseh
QUOTE(genmac @ Jan 24 2015, 01:46 PM) *

Rcbot2 has so much improvements concerning tf2 so I'm downloading it now and while waiting for a whooping 15 gigs to finish on my slow net, just wondering how the stock bots are doing now?
Can they play all the different game modes now?

They can play most game modes but I think rcbot supports more as long as there are waypoints. In my opinion the stock bots are waaay too difficult on normal mode (default). they're like super bots, if you ever noclip right above them , ALL of them will target you instantly with a barrage of weapons hitting each time. The only things that I only rcbots do that stock bots can't is:

rcbot engis can move sentries/teles/disps
rcbot scouts can double jump
rcbot soldiers can rocket jump
rcbot demos can pipe jump
tfbots mortar better than rcbots although rcbots do try!
tfbots are better at killing sentries

those are the only main features. differences due to waypointing mean that with a good waypointed map , rcbot snipers can snipe at the best points, engis can place sentries in the best spots and defend in chosen areas.

if anyone has a bigger list feel free to share
genmac
Well I still hate tf2 bec. of that wacky look but after seeing all the tf2 related updates on rcbot and knowing some stuff tf bot can't do but rcbot does I must check it out for good hehe yeah rcbot made me download tf2 haha! So you'll probably be seeing me actively posting again more frequently here as I'll be bashing away at tf2 once the huge thing gets done downloading.

I've already played tf2 a little using this old 2010 standalone version but I can't make rcbot2 work there it crashes to desktop so no choice but get the more updated one.

totally agree tf bots are so aim bottish at expert level but useful enough. seems valve ain't developing it further anymore.

btw the actual download is only 7.9 gigs, tnc god hehe!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.