Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updated Installer for RCbot and SvenCoop 4.8
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Beta Version
madmax2
Since the old link appears bad now, I updated a few things on w00tguy123's installer...

Cheeseh put it here:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/w00...-pack%204_8.rar

Or on this page:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/index.php?page=files.htm

------------------------------------------------------------
List of changes:

Added the latest rcbot_mm.dll (rcbot_mm_SC48_grapple_upd2)
Added the latest metamod-p dll (metamod-p-1.21p37)
Updated the liblist.gam file
Added optional stuff to the bot_config.ini
Added optional, example polar_rescue.cfg to map_configs

(how to turn off shooting breakables with the sc_breakable_classes_ally cvar from the bot_config.ini or a map.cfg)

Removed the sc_activist.rcw from the pack, since I know it is broken...
------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will make it easier for new players to get started... smile.gif

I didn't update any waypoints in the pack, so I'd recommend install this first (extract to the Steamapps\common folder with path info (or the folder where the half-life folder is located). Or, extract to a temporary folder & move everything to it's correct folder. First, you may wish to backup the liblist.gam file in the svencoop folder, just in case you want to disable the bots.

Then after a check to be sure it all went well (there should be a RCbot welcome message just after starting a map), install w00tguy123's waypoints motherload pack found in the Rcbot1 waypoints forum (it contains updated & additional waypoints), then update/add any other waypoints found in the same forum from 2012 & newer...

[Edit 1-5-21]
w00tguy123's Waypoint Motherload Pack is here:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11995

Both these packs contain nearly every waypoint ever made for SC, so most rcws are for old maps, many are still incomplete and some may be broken and not work with the latest rcbot & svencoop versions. Most rcws are from sc3.0 era, or before, unless the map is more recent. w00tguy123 did add & update a number of waypoints...

If you already have rcbot working in sc4.8, you probably don't need this unless you want it for the next time...

Let me know if there are any problems (if I buggered something up!). I didn't test it from a fresh install, but I think it will work...

One other thing, the installer installs the rcbot_mm.dll to the svencoop\dlls folder instead of the rcbot\dlls folder, which was the normal location. There will be no rcbot\dlls folder. The more I think about it, the more I like this idea. For someone with multiple installs of svencoop & other HL1 mods, It saves me from constantly changing rcbot_mm dlls every time I want to play a different mod/bot version. I don't have to worry about renaming rcbot dlls or getting them mixed up. I was going to put it back to the normal location, but changed my mind!

Have Fun... biggrin.gif
Cheeseh
Thanks! I've stuck this up as the main download for svencoop

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/index.php?page=files.htm
madmax2
Hey Cheeseh,

Any chance of one more RCbot1 dll update for sc4.8 before Svencoop 5.0 is released? I think you said you had the flashlight working, and teleport detection too? Which would be cool... smile.gif

Grapple bots still need some kind of reset, for the times they miss or fall down and survive, they just keep shooting at the grapple point, or they may get attached to another bot/player and won't release.

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12291

[Edit] Well scratch this for now, I couldn't duplicate it after 2.5 hours of playing with the grapple wpts in the same area, so I'm not sure what was going on??? blink.gif
I have been working on new rcws, and may of ran across a bug with the grapple? I had waypoints on at the time, but it appears bots switched to repelling mode (secondary fire) somehow, permanently shooting its tongue at the slime, heh heh. I'd remove that bot, add a new bot, and same thing, and so on... The slime is on the ceiling, and bots are shooting at a long 30 degree angle, but it looks like they are hitting the slime, they don't move at all. I'll see if I can debug this a bit more, strange I haven't seen this happen before. It wouldn't be because the "launching" wpt is on armor, or ammo, or a weapon?? I'll try moving it again...

I'd like to see the bots desire to pick up dropped weapons turned down a bit more, if possible. Jumps across killing hazards (lava & toxic slime) need to be almost perfect, or bots end up going for the dropped weapons in the hazard, instead of doing the jumps... Does adding pain-death wpts in the areas where the weapons fall, stop the bots from going there? I'm getting mixed results with that, so not sure if it works?

Anyways, hope you can find some time for this, I'd be happy to check any test dll for you...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.