Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Team Assigning in Halflife 1 Deathmatch
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
nickofnumenor
OK.. I know I'm dating myself, however I've played HL 1 back when it first came out in 1998 (i believe). Still an awesome game even though the graphics are old.

I've been playing HL teamplay with my kids now (content/blood/giblets turned off... I'm being responsible) And their player models are characters which they love i.e. kermit batman partybear... and I'm homer the fat dad (go figure). At any rate I'm using RCBOT with "Diamond Halflife mod" and it's AWESOME.

Here's my question:

Although I can set the bot profiles correctly i.e. skill level, aim level etc... For some reason I cannot control what player model the bots come in as. And this is a problem when we're playing HL1 team play. It's like the only control I have is adding and removing bots.

Can anyone tell me how to assign HL1 models to the profiles in RCBOT config? I'm thinking it's not possible bc I've looked everywhere and tried virtually everything.

Thanks

Nick
Cheeseh
QUOTE(nickofnumenor @ Apr 30 2015, 03:46 AM) *

OK.. I know I'm dating myself, however I've played HL 1 back when it first came out in 1998 (i believe). Still an awesome game even though the graphics are old.

I've been playing HL teamplay with my kids now (content/blood/giblets turned off... I'm being responsible) And their player models are characters which they love i.e. kermit batman partybear... and I'm homer the fat dad (go figure). At any rate I'm using RCBOT with "Diamond Halflife mod" and it's AWESOME.

Here's my question:

Although I can set the bot profiles correctly i.e. skill level, aim level etc... For some reason I cannot control what player model the bots come in as. And this is a problem when we're playing HL1 team play. It's like the only control I have is adding and removing bots.

Can anyone tell me how to assign HL1 models to the profiles in RCBOT config? I'm thinking it's not possible bc I've looked everywhere and tried virtually everything.

Thanks

Nick

Hey Nick as far as I know you can only change player models in team play by changing their team. The team name is the same as their model. I'm not 100% certain, but I think you have to change their team rather than their model to the model name you want. Give it a go anyway and let us know if it works or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.