Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBOT 2 for Black Mesa Multiplayer
RCBot Forums > RCBot 2 for HL2 > RCbot2
Strelok
Hello all!

I have been playing HL2:DM against RCBOT 2 for a while now, and I am really enjoying it. I have also tried to get RCBOT 2 (0.96 and below) to also work with Black Mesa Multiplayer with little success.

After correctly setting up bot_mods.ini when it tries to load the DLL (HPB_Bot2.dll) I receive the following error :

"[RCBOT] Cannot open interface INTERFACEVERSION_ENGINETRACE_SERVER IEngineTrace enginetrace"

Cheeseh, would you at least consider adapting RCBOT for Black Mesa MP ? It's really a blast. smile.gif

thank you!
Emotional
I doubled this, and I dreamed about it long time smile.gif BMS and FA:S really needs in RCBot. smile.gif
genmac
BMS mp is the true hl2dm imo so yeah I third that rcbot2 support for it.

I haven't check BMS mp yet so they did recreate crossfire and bootcamp map for bms mp?
Emotional
Black Mesa now have only Bounce, Gasworks, Lambdabunker, Stalkyard, Subtransit and Undertow. You can find ported crossfire and undertow here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/file...s/?id=438218466
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/file...s/?id=438217315
genmac
@Emotional...hehe ok but i'd rather not play those ports on BMS. I want a full recreation of those maps well crossfire had lots of it at hl2dm hope someone port the better ones. Bootcamp seems one tough map to recreate coz of it's size I think.
Emotional
Hmm, you just can wait, when crossfire and undertow will be released (I read somewhere on BMS forums, that missing MP maps release before Xen).
genmac
yeah I'm waiting dearly for the xen levels which I'm sure will be some sort of free dlc i hope.
Once the xen levels are done good and I mean really good I'm gonna freaked out hehe!
genmac
Saw some gameplay of bms mp and I must say it looks as good and fun as good old hldm so went in and loaded up hldm and crossfire....first on my hl won version and then on my steam version...with the great parabot...and had a blast fraggin away. Will definitely buy bms once it's on sale as I'm still a die hard HL fan.
Strelok
I just love the detail they put into the BMS multiplayer maps. And I really love the high resolution model for the gauss gun.

I really missed the gauss gun in HL2. In my opinion even today BMS MP feels more polished than HL2:DM.
genmac
QUOTE(Strelok @ May 27 2015, 06:20 PM) *

I just love the detail they put into the BMS multiplayer maps. And I really love the high resolution model for the gauss gun.

I really missed the gauss gun in HL2. In my opinion even today BMS MP feels more polished than HL2:DM.

Totally agree! bms mp is the true hl2dm, feels more complete.
genmac
I'm bumping this thread hoping Cheeseh would add support to this game soon.
BMS btw has bots but their just testclients absolutely no AI at all for now.
Cheeseh
QUOTE(Strelok @ May 12 2015, 07:00 PM) *

Hello all!

I have been playing HL2:DM against RCBOT 2 for a while now, and I am really enjoying it. I have also tried to get RCBOT 2 (0.96 and below) to also work with Black Mesa Multiplayer with little success.

After correctly setting up bot_mods.ini when it tries to load the DLL (HPB_Bot2.dll) I receive the following error :

"[RCBOT] Cannot open interface INTERFACEVERSION_ENGINETRACE_SERVER IEngineTrace enginetrace"
Cheeseh, would you at least consider adapting RCBOT for Black Mesa MP ? It's really a blast. smile.gif

thank you!

I'd need to get black mesa first before i try though it might still be possible without much code or any at all,however the problem is it can't find the engine for something important, which might be an rcbot problem unless you use metamod . I'm not really supporting the non metamod version because metamod usually solves most problems

try it with metamod source and the latest nightly build dll and see what errors appear if any
genmac
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 3 2016, 08:06 AM) *

I'd need to get black mesa first before i try though it might still be possible without much code or any at all,however the problem is it can't find the engine for something important, which might be an rcbot problem unless you use metamod . I'm not really supporting the non metamod version because metamod usually solves most problems

try it with metamod source and the latest nightly build dll and see what errors appear if any

Tnx for the responce bro!

I tested it with the latest metamod-s snapshots and it can't even load metamod on a listenserver...may be
metamod will work on a dedicated server but that's so inconvenient for us bot users so I won't bother test that out.

tried the non metamod rcbot beta and did not work to.

I'll test it again tomorrow so I can at least show you the exact error it's doing.
Cryoshell
So will be ther bots for BM ?
genmac
There are bots already on BMS except they have no AI yet but you can spawn them using console commands.
BMS devs did mentioned they will add bot support soon...really really soon.
Cryoshell
QUOTE(genmac @ Mar 26 2017, 06:15 AM) *

There are bots already on BMS except they have no AI yet but you can spawn them using console commands.
BMS devs did mentioned they will add bot support soon...really really soon.

Why do you think that they will soon add support?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.