Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBot Profile
RCBot Forums > News > Offtopic
AIgnatiousS
I didn't know where else to post this because I couldn't find a general discussions forum here that is on topic but I was wondering if I could customize the profiles by model and color. By this I mean I would rather the bots not spawn as random things such as mushrooms, robots, or multi colored barney calhouns. I thought I read something about it in the folder I just could not for the life of me figure it out.
madmax2
Hi AIgnatiousS,

I haven't tried this myself, but here is how to set the model type...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1579

There is a rcbot_botprofile_readme.txt that comes with rcbot1 that does say top & bottom color can be set too. I have no idea what the numbers are to do it, but I assume it is a half-life variable that is documented some where (screen colors?).

You can add one or more of these, you do not need to add these, if you don't then
bots will choose a random colour for the item you left out.

topcolor=200
bottomcolor=100

You can limit which profiles rcbot will use by editing the bot_profiles.ini, if you don't want to edit so many... You may be able to skip profile numbers, but I have never tried that? I have always kept mine sequential, like 1 thru 10...

More profile settings are here:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/botprofiles.htm

And Welcome...

P.S. this topic fits in the rcbot "Beta Version" forum...
AIgnatiousS
I appreciate the help. I'm still working on it, but this is where I'm at so far.

So I got the colors working and broke down how many profiles there were so that it wasn't as random. But I haven't been able to make the model command work, whatever I'm doing wrong is causing my client to crash whenever I spawn the bot using that command line.

model=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life\bshift\models\player\barney\barney.mdl
AIgnatiousS
Ok, so I changed it to this.
model="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life\svencoop\models\player\barney\barney.mdl"

It's now a model from the svencoop folder plus I added quotations around the file location.
It doesn't crash anymore, but every model I do in this way spawns as a HEV with Helmet orange. Although, this is a lot better than giant mushrooms running around the map, I feel like I have to do this right now.
AIgnatiousS
I've given up. Everything I've tried has failed in either keeping the model at a hev suit or crashing my game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.