Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBots VS BotRiX
RCBot Forums > News > Offtopic
genmac
Rcbot2 version...beta 0.94...non metamod version.
Botrix version...v0.0.4 http://www.famaf.unc.edu.ar/~godin/botrix/

All Rcbots profile set-up...
visionticks_clients = 2
visionticks = 40
pathticks = 40
braveness = 99
aimskill = 10
sensitivity = 10
rcbot_supermode 1

All Botrix using default stock settings.

Here's how it went....hehe.

DM - FFA ...5 rcbots vs 5 botrix ...10 min battle...@ dm_steamlab
IPB Image

One on One battle...@ dm_zest...10 min battle.
IPB Image
genmac
IPB Image
madmax2
Botrix looks like they do well in your tests. How is their behaviors compared to rcbot2, are they aimbotish?

The documentation suggests they are fairly flexible/adaptable for weapons/items & such. It says this in the docs too:
Botrix should work with other mods, say Counter-Strike: Source. Check out [*.items.*] and [*.weapons] sections to know how items and weapons are handled.

If you could make bots work for other mods, please send me your config file and I will publish it on my site.

I also wonder if they are crashing on tf2/steam right now, with all the valve updates? ohmy.gif
I'm thinking they will have the same issues as rcbot2 has with all those pesky steam updates...

Anyways, looks interesting, thanks for sharing... smile.gif

Merry Christmas everyone... smile.gif
genmac
Botrix seems still very basic in terms of navigational behavior, they don't sprint and seems they ignore capture points on tf2. They seems to aim very well but not aimbotish too much as they follow a target dead center on the crosshairs but don't shoot instanly sometimes even if their set at pro level.

It's engineer won't build any sentry as far as my quick test went. Well it's TF2 support is still very basic for now.

They seem to know how to use all the different items/load outs and weapons in TF2 haven't seen them not fire any but sometimes they don't switch often enough on their primary and would use those unique/ weird /funny-melee items more.

It's waypointing system is still very similar to HPB_bot since it does uses that template but he changes some other stuff and some still needs some user friendly tweaks.
Waypoints are still very limited for tf2 since it supports mainly hl2dm.

There are random but not too oftern CTD but most of the time it's very stable. Well I'm just using my outdated Jan. 2015 non-steam TF2 so that might be it. Rcbots beta 0.96 is very stable for me perfect match to my old tf2 copy.

Botrix seems an ok bot at it's current state but Rcbots is way way way more advance bot with lots of features and easy to use and edit waypointing system.

Once I get black mesa source I'll try to run both bots there.

>>>Merry Christmas everyone and to our dearest bots hehe!<<<

_/\_ __/\__
) . (_ _) .' (
`) '.( ) .' (`
`\._\()/__(~`.:::::.,_
()() -:::::::::::::-.
/ |`\:::-"`_ `"-::::.
) : (:::####| `::::
`)_/''::::"#| `::::
;::: '::::. :::;
:::: |##::::. ::::
:::: |####::::. ::::
:::: |####|_::::._ ::::
;::: |#######::::#| :::;
:::: |#########'::::.:::
::::. ^^^^^^^^^^^':::::
'::::-._ _.-::::'
`-:::::::::::::-`
`"''''''"`
DreadedGhoul575
QUOTE(genmac @ Dec 25 2015, 11:10 AM) *

Botrix seems still very basic in terms of navigational behavior, they don't sprint and seems they ignore capture points on tf2. They seems to aim very well but not aimbotish too much as they follow a target dead center on the crosshairs but don't shoot instanly sometimes even if their set at pro level.

It's engineer won't build any sentry as far as my quick test went. Well it's TF2 support is still very basic for now.

They seem to know how to use all the different items/load outs and weapons in TF2 haven't seen them not fire any but sometimes they don't switch often enough on their primary and would use those unique/ weird /funny-melee items more.

It's waypointing system is still very similar to HPB_bot since it does uses that template but he changes some other stuff and some still needs some user friendly tweaks.
Waypoints are still very limited for tf2 since it supports mainly hl2dm.

There are random but not too oftern CTD but most of the time it's very stable. Well I'm just using my outdated Jan. 2015 non-steam TF2 so that might be it. Rcbots beta 0.96 is very stable for me perfect match to my old tf2 copy.

Botrix seems an ok bot at it's current state but Rcbots is way way way more advance bot with lots of features and easy to use and edit waypointing system.

Once I get black mesa source I'll try to run both bots there.

>>>Merry Christmas everyone and to our dearest bots hehe!<<<

_/\_ __/\__
) . (_ _) .' (
`) '.( ) .' (`
`\._\()/__(~`.:::::.,_
()() -:::::::::::::-.
/ |`\:::-"`_ `"-::::.
) : (:::####| `::::
`)_/''::::"#| `::::
;::: '::::. :::;
:::: |##::::. ::::
:::: |####::::. ::::
:::: |####|_::::._ ::::
;::: |#######::::#| :::;
:::: |#########'::::.:::
::::. ^^^^^^^^^^^':::::
'::::-._ _.-::::'
`-:::::::::::::-`
`"''''''"`

Plus they only support arena dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.