Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Install to the correct folder first!
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Cheeseh
I've noticed many asking on the forum/e-mail about the bot not working, due to the fact that it hasn't been installed to the correct folder.

Let's get this straight!

If you don't have the rcbot.dll file in Half-Life/rcbot/dlls , then it isn't installed correctly. You haven't extracted the zip to the right place. Extract it ON the half-Life folder, NOT the mod folder, so that it creates a folder in Half-Life called "rcbot".

All bot files should be in the Half-Life/rcbot folder. (NOT Half-Life/<MOD-DIR>/rcbot, I repeat NOT!)

that's:

steam : c:\program files\steam\steamapps\<email>\half-life\rcbot
won : <drive>:\<half-life folder>\rcbot

--------

19 March 2005
can now edit rcbot folder with rcbot_folder.ini file:

here's what to do: if you want to put rcbot in a fodler OTHER THAN half-life/rcbot then make a file called "rcbot_folder.ini" in the MOD folder (NOT rcbot folder!! or that's just stupidity...tongue.gif) then just put the folder where rcbot is installed in the file RELATED TO THE "half-life" folder

For example: If I wanted to put the rcbot fodler inside NS/ folder you NEED a rcbot_folder.ini file in "ns/" like this:

ns\rcbot

that's it
DeadEyeSavage
I have quesion. I have a linux server now and i trying to set up rcbot on it with NS. Now my Rcbot is in the NS fodler for it but this is where the folder is located:
instances/ns/ns/rcbot

Now i can't see the half lfie folder and what nto so idk how to get the pathing to work with emta mod. Cuase we hve meta mdo and amx working great. But for some reaosn i can't get the rcbot to go. i tried diff paths for it and nothing.

linux ../rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm_i486.so

thats what i have now i also tried:
linux ns/rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm_i486.so
linux ns/ns/rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm_i486.so

it all said badf load. I ahve my personal Windows server and the path for it is:
win32 ns/rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll

and that apth works for my NS server. But it will not work for the linux <> any help?
LoLou
Well, can you tell me where to put all the files that you need to download please? I don't know much about Steam, so I barely know any information on how to do this. And what is a NS Server or whatever it is. I know thats a noob question, but I am a noob to all that.
hawake
Hi,
i've followed the istructions about installing the mod manually 'cause i'm not running Steam. I placed "rcbot" folder into the directory of Half Life 2 Deathmatch but from the console of the game it doesn't find rcbot addbot or addbot... this is the content of my "liblist.gam" file:

CODE
// Valve Game Info file
//  These are key/value pairs.  Certain mods will use different settings.
//
game "Half-Life 2"
startmap "Hyper_001"
trainingmap "t0a0"
hlversion "1000"
mpentity "info_player_deathmatch"

What can i do to solve this problem? Help me please!

Thanks in advance,

Bye
hawake
Cheeseh
you need to add the line

gamedll "../rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll"

and after saving the file, right click on it and select "read only" then ok
PHILoMIC
it doesnt work still

oh and is all ur suppose to do is add an extra line to that limbist and u can play cause thats all it says on rcbot

the files in halflife rcbot ddl is just a readme file that says---

All Rcbot's DLL files go in this folder.

rcbot.dll
rcbot_i486.so
rcbot_mm.dll
rcbot_mm_i486.so

oh and yes i did extract it to half-life not the mods or anyother place....

oh btw im using steam and its banned and its half life 1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.