Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Natural Selection 3 Beta 5
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Unrelated
Suzaku
is there going to be a beta 5?
LordSkitch
http://www.natural-selection.org/forums/index.php biggrin.gif
Sandman[SA]
It's not very clear why but are they saying, NO MORE PUBLIC BETA's period? Seems a bit drastic to me.

Posted: Apr 29 2004, 11:00 AM   

As the concerned parties knew since last week, today marks the end of the restructuring process of the playtesting groups. We are grateful for the contributions of each and every vet and playtester, but well, times change, and thus, we were forced to make a few comparably drastic changes.

Both the developers and the community leaders would like to bid the veterans farewell. Their contributions influenced Natural Selections development significantly, something we will always be grateful for. Removing this group was not an easy, but unfortunately a necessary decision.

Similiarily, we were forced to remove a number of playtesters from their group. Just as with the veterans, we'd like to thank them for their relative contributions, and wish them the best of luck.

Private playtesting of the new versions of Natural Selection will from now be put in the hands of a reformed playtester group consisting of both PTs and Vets that have proven to represent the best of their relative demographics. We're faithful that this smaller, more focussed group will be able to help us improve this game even further. Good luck folks, you'll need it.

Thanks for your time,

-- Florian 'Nemesis Zero' Schwarzer
Natural Selection Community Lead

Lyran
Drastic, indeed, but from what I understand in the article, they do intend to proceed that way.

They're "removing" the "Mr. Joe-Everyone" for "more focused-on-testing" people. With time, I guess the many Beta versions developed "Veterans", and those are the "favorites" now, it seems.

The changes to Natural Selection and Natural Selection: Combat, will continue, as I see from the text, as well. But those changes are going to be made by "better folks". The article doesn't say that words-by-words...but the subtility there is quite poor...

They've chosen a "group" from many testers, and the chosen ones are now the "official" testers that will remain. That's the conclusion I see from that article.
Ta16
get a grip read the latest news there is going to be a b5 it just is a minor bug patch...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.