Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBOT and CPU Intensity Saving
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Unrelated
zodiac
Question:

I have RCBOT 1.3 running on my server and have it set to when the number of "real" players exceeds the Bot amount the bots all leave. Even though the Bots leave at that point is the RCBOT still running in the background? Reason I ask is that I am really getting to the point where I have to gain a tiny bit of CPU and was wondering if I brought the amount of Bots on the server down if that would save me some CPU. I guess the question directly is that if the RCBOT plugin is running in Metemod even though there is no bots in the game is it still CPU intensive?

Thanks Guys
Cheeseh
of course it is still running in the background, the dll doesn't magicly detach and attach when needed !! It has to see if bots are running, if players are waypointing etc. I guess the proof in the pudding is waypointing with no bots running.

Although it does check stuff every frame it's done pretty quick. And then there is metamod which adds more CPU to the equation. If you want the least cpu intensive bot running, run it standalone.

If you want better cpu performace when they are running, see the FAQ.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.