Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Things To Forgive
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Beta Version
Zamovar
Things I forgive about RcBot to its makers:
1) Bots stand under a elevator when operating, causing it to smash them.
2) Bots target like idiots, if you watch them in spectator mode, then you see that bot starts shooting at enemy, even if hes crosshair is not on an enemy.
3) They get stuck everywhere.

Things I do NOT forgive about RcBot to its makers:
1) They cant operate Command Station.

Things that are good about RcBots:
1) Its easy to kill them, because they are so stupid.

AND MORE COMPLAINS ADDED IN NEAR FUTURE!!!

BUT HEY, DONT GET ME WRONG, ITS THE ONLY BOT I KNOW FOR NS, SO STOP COMPLAINING OR YOU WILL MEET YOUR MAKER! tongue.gif
Gruuunt
QUOTE (Zamovar @ Jun 30 2004, 10:03 AM)
Things I do NOT forgive about RcBot to its makers:
1) They cant operate Command Station.

I thort this was on hold? unsure.gif

Oh yeh, is there waypointing requirements for auto marine build portal (if any) 'cause they still dont build even with the cvar enabled??

A large pack of [Virtual] Chockie bikkies if you can fix that one Cheeseh, or did I miss that it was fixed in the last flurry of updates? huh.gif
Cheeseh
getting a bot to command isn't easy.... blink.gif
link2002
QUOTE (Cheeseh @ Jun 30 2004, 10:49 AM)
getting a bot to command isn't easy.... blink.gif

cheeseh rcbot 0.3 used command console, but they dont built correctly, its possible to make this like waypoint? (ex.: there is one ip waypoint, the commander bot will create the ip at thewaypoint, and for rt you can make them only create the rt when any marine is 40 meters or something of the resourse nozzle.)
you can make one new type of bot at he menu and menu can be like thois:

1-Create a marine bot
2-Create an alien bot
3-CReate a commander bot
4-CReate a random bot
5-Back

the commander will only join marines and go to the first CC in the game, when the cc is dieing he make the waypoint for rines to go to the cc, or create another cc neraby one marine, they will throw medpacks when one rine want, etc.
Cheeseh
yes I know, I did make rcbot 0.3 reemember? wink.gif they didn't build corectly, it was a hack... so It didn't command properly. So I'm not just going to shove that stuff into my new version cos It's not what I want to do.

Having commander waypoints doesn't make sense. Using areas or navmeshes would be better, they used "nav" meshes in rcbot 0.3

There is no such thing as a "commander bot". a commander bot is a Marine bot that uses the command console, it's just as easy to make a marine bot to use the command console when it wants, after all I'm not making a bot to make it bot like, I want to make it human like. Its all part of the challenge.
LordSkitch
Bots stand under a elevator when operating, causing it to smash them.

Wouldn't be a problem if people made the things do 219038201 damage when blocked...

Bots target like idiots, if you watch them in spectator mode, then you see that bot starts shooting at enemy, even if hes crosshair is not on an enemy.

Increase their aiming skill...
CODE
aim_skill=0.95
aim_time=0.1
aim_speed=0.3

makes for one distubingly accurate bot! wink.gif

They get stuck everywhere.

Well fix the waypoints! laugh.gif

Its easy to kill them, because they are so stupid.

Increase their aim skill more lol biggrin.gif
BadLife
mad.gif

Considering the complexity of NS I think the bots do a fine job ohmy.gif

Keep up the good work Cheeseh cool.gif

Actully could you check out if there is a problem with double wide ladders ? The bots never seem to be able to go up or down any of the ladders that are non standard width rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.