Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non standard ladders
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Bug Report
BadLife
I am not sure if this is a bug but on most maps with non standard ladders like double wide or diffrent from the regular laddes the bots have a major problem. Most of the time they just stand at the bottom or top and dance rolleyes.gif I have never seen a bot successfully go up or down one sad.gif Anyone else notice this ? blink.gif
Cheeseh
how are they being waypointed??? rolleyes.gif
BadLife
I check on it but they are the waypoints that were here for NS 3.4a beta it seems to be that way on any level with funny ladders.

I'll have to check it out tomorrow but I have tried to rewaypoint the ladders with little success I'll take notes and post the map names and the waypoints here after I get more info. blink.gif

LordSkitch
I haven't seem to have any problems getting them up the ladders, other than they usually don't go up ladders well, they get stuck at the bottom a lot for some reason... so then you gotta try and make em jump onto it, but make sure they line up, and still hit the waypoints right and stuff... unsure.gif

just make a new set of waypoints for each ladder you find they get stuck on, and keep workin' it till they can get up and down 'em... more often than not, DON'T make them climb down a ladder unless its absolutely necessary, cause one bot will go down, and one bot will go up, and they'll stay there till one dies... and even better, if you can keep the up and down pathways out of alignment with each other, it helps a lot too. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.