Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WON's demise
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Unrelated
LordSkitch
QUOTE (www.steampowered.com)
WON Shutdown Timing
July 15, 2004, 11:56 am ? cliffe

Starting July 26th the shutdown of the WON authentication servers will begin. This process will be completed on July 31st. This means players will no longer be able to access Internet features of Valve games, such as Counter-Strike 1.5, using the WON authentication servers. Users can continue using Valve games on the Steam service by downloading the Steam installer and setting up a Steam account. For more information visit www.steampowered.com. Counter-Strike 1.5 players will be upgraded to Counter-Strike 1.6 free of charge through Steam.

(I don't go to steampowered.com too often, but I was just there and saw that.)
Cheeseh
Saw it days ago laugh.gif
LordSkitch
Quiet you, nobody likes a comedian! biggrin.gif
Meat_Popsicle
lol how many ppl r gonna stop playing hl and mods now just cos they dont hav a legit cd key
LordSkitch
As I'm typing this...

Current Steam Totals:
86,296 Players
45,784 Servers
3.227 billion Player Minutes / Month
|2usty
QUOTE (Meat_Popsicle @ Jul 23 2004, 10:37 PM)
lol how many ppl r gonna stop playing hl and mods now just cos they dont hav a legit cd key

laugh.gif should only be the tight arses seing as you can buy HL for like $10 now. Which makes it worth while even if you're just paying for the cd key, no?
Meat_Popsicle
i got 2 in a 2 for 1 deal ph34r.gif
'Stinger'
Yeah, me and my bro used to share a copy of HL. When Steam came along I just brought another copy for the cd-key. In New Zealand it costs US$15 for the platinum pack...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.