Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBot Metamod Beta Problem
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Beta Version
Wildfire
I had used RCBot a while before, just got a new NS server up. I use bots a lot, and I need a Marine bot to go alongside Whichbot, so I remembered RCBot. I wasnt satisfied with the latest non-beta, so I tried the beta. Much better, but it crashes my server to desktop. In the log files it just cuts off the logs in midsentence, and theres no particular pattern except when the bots start joining a team from the ready room after a game ends. It also gives me this error every few minutes or so:
BUG: GetClientRep(): No Rep for pClient (id: 0)

Whats the deal?

Thx for a great bot, BTW
LordSkitch
Theres an insane amount of factors that can crash the thing, check the event viewer to see if you can find out what part crashed.. if it's rcbot's fault itll either be hpb_bot.dll or rcbot.dll, if its NS it'll be ns.dll, if it was HL itself it'll be hlds.exe or swds.dll metamod can also crash, and then itll be metamod.dll
Wildfire
I'm pretty sure that its hpb_bot.dll because the non-beta works with no crashes at all. I just like the features and fixes that the beta supports, and it gets annoying when my server crashes at the end of every game.
Gruuunt
QUOTE (Wildfire @ Jul 27 2004, 03:22 AM)
BUG: GetClientRep(): No Rep for pClient (id: 0)

I suspect with an id of 0 it's talking about it cant get a reputation for a whichbot alien. Not Sure tho'... unsure.gif Mine has done that for yonks tho' and I have been running whichbot alongside rcbot for nearly 10 Months. Yeh, it crashes all the time in exactly the same manner. I've disabled combat maps and it has increased the crash time to nearly 7>9 hrs now - sigh. Yeh, I know I should test with just rcbot or whichbot on their own to identify which is possibly causing the problem - however, the users will soon moan if one was missing, oh well rolleyes.gif
Wildfire
I know that on my machine, its RCBot. It started when I installed the beta dll. And the reason it doesnt crash for a while on NS Classic maps is because those games take longer, and it only crashes after a game when the bots start joining teams from the ready room.

Try the non-beta, Gruuunt, if it works good then we have the same problem.
Gruuunt
I'll try it in the Morning before I head south for London Wildfire, and let ya know... cool.gif
Cheeseh
delete playerids.ini and all .rcr files in the botprofiles folder
Wildfire
I did try that, it made no difference, but hold on, I'll try it again.

EDIT
------

It worked! At least it went through one combat game without a crash. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it stays that way.
BTW, it still gives me that GetClientRep error bug thing.
Cheeseh
that always happens, try searching
Wildfire
Arrg, crashed again. Went through several games though...
Wildfire
It still crashes, just not as much. Im going to try the July 27 dll and see if that one makes any difference.

For some reason it asked me if I wanted to send the error reports late, but anyways heres what it said:
AppName: hlds.exe AppVer: 4.1.1.1 ModName: HPB_bot.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0003ce46
Dont think that would help you, but dunno.
Cheeseh
doesn't help cause I changed the code since then, you'll need to use the latest
Wildfire
This is from the new one:
AppName: hlds.exe AppVer: 4.1.1.1 ModName: HPB_bot.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0003d1b6

AppName: hlds.exe AppVer: 4.1.1.1 ModName: HPB_bot.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0003d1b6
(from two different crashes)
Wildfire
The July 30 one crashes the same. One thing I did notice, is that it wont crash as long as a human player joins a team immediately. So if someone wants to go Aliens the next game for example, if he joins aliens after a game as soon as NS lets him, everything will go normally. If nobody joins a team, the bot seems to crash the server. blink.gif

EDIT
------
hmm... would a MiniDump (.mdmp) file help you at all cheeseh?
LordSkitch
I'm using the 27th source cause I'm waiting for a crash to report before I upgrade my metamod and rcbot to the latest DLLs, so far it's been up 24 hours, which is normal, what plugins are you using?
Cheeseh
well I tried finding that crash:

the offset didn't help as much as I though, it just took me to garbage: see the screenshot...

A memdump wouldn't be very helpful to me, I can't read they things :/ only Valve knows tongue.gif

I add bots to the game first most of the time before joining without a problem...
Wildfire
I have my server automatically set to add 4 bots. Its fine for the first game, but after a game when everyone gets booted to the readyroom and starts joining teams for the next game, then it crashes, UNLESS a human player joins a team before any of the bots do. Other wise a few seconds after the first bot joins or something, it will just crash to desktop.

And I dont run very many plugins:

Metamod
RCbot
Whichbot
Webmod (just got it)
NSMapVote (just got this as well)

AdminMod
Blatt Rate Manager
And a few modified versions of certain AM plugins that I made
LordSkitch
Well, the first thing you oughta do to try and figure out whats doing it, remove all the plugins except for RCBot, and try it, if it doesn't crash, add on another plugin, and try again, and keep doing it until you find out where the crash is coming from.
Wildfire
Well, I am pretty sure its RCBot, all the logs and error reports etc point to hpb_bot.dll, but I guess I'll try that. I know that it doesnt have anything to do with Webmod or NSMapVote because it did the same thing before I got those, but I'll try to disable AM and Whichbot and see what happens
Sandman[SA]
Im not even getting that far. My server keeps crashing mid game on every other map.
Wildfire
Hmmm.. maybe you were right, LordSkitch. It didnt crash at all when I disabled AM and WB, so it might have something to do with WhichBot. blink.gif anyways, it might have just been that it didnt crash that time out of luck or something, I'll have to do more testing later.
LordSkitch
I've found whichbot to be more crashy than a... you know like.. a really drunk woman with a blind fold on driving a car the wrong way on the Audobahn. That's pretty freakin' crashy.

No offense to the 7 women out there who can drive the right way.. or so I've seen from driving in Houston.. freakin' cellphones.

Anyhow, I'm running adminmod version.. 2.50.59.0

I used to run RC and WB along side one another, but found out WB was causing a lot of my crashes, so now I run RC only, cause RC > ALL!!!! laugh.gif
Wildfire
lol

Well, Ill try it without WhichBot, see what happens. Thanks wink.gif
Gruuunt
up 48hrs now, using latest rcbot beta dll
whichbot
metamod 1.17.p9 or whatever it was ( I am conviced this is what fixed it)
amx latest version (Not amxx)
umpteen metamod plugins

Only instability I can see is ns_lost seems dodgy (ending quickly)

Has xmas come at last? ohmy.gif
Sandman[SA]
I think I have found some incompatable metamod plugins (while running bots) which could be one or all of the following. Note, these would be the latest releases that I know of.

Audiotracker 2.0.0.0
Selfweld 1.2.4.0
Onosblocker 3.0.0.0

If you have any of these, try disabling them and restart your server.
Wildfire
WhichBot disabled:
Been up for more than 7 hours. But I like whichbot! WB Pwnz as aliens, and RCBot pwnz at Rines. I want them both dry.gif
Catfish
QUOTE (LordSkitch @ Aug 1 2004, 05:12 AM)
I've found whichbot to be more crashy than a... you know like.. a really drunk woman with a blind fold on driving a car the wrong way on the Audobahn.

I think that's a pretty unfair assessment. When I run WhichBot with the latest rcbot_mm.dll, I don't have anything like the crashes I get when using this beta series. In fact, both seem to be pretty stable as long as they're run independently of one another. Most of the crashes seem to occur when bots are spawning/respawning. I should add, however, that I don't run a dedicated server online for hours on end, so I can't vouch for stability over numerous map changes.

QUOTE (Wildfire @ Aug 5 2004, 12:27 AM)
But I like whichbot! WB Pwnz as aliens, and RCBot pwnz at Rines.

I agree - which is why I'm still using the old rcbot_mm.dll (on the few occasions I get around to playing these days).

Edit: Missed this:

QUOTE (Gruuunt @ Aug 3 2004, 02:59 PM)
metamod 1.17.p9 or whatever it was ( I am conviced this is what fixed it)

I'll try that.
Gruuunt
My server appears as stable as HLDS allows it to be. NO crashes as far as I am aware. Only time is when I bounce it to add metamod plugins etc. Will be interested to see a confirmation that it was the special metamod version that fixed it Catfish. unsure.gif

Interestingly enough this metamod verrsion is Mod independant cool.gif
Wildfire
1.17.p9 ?
All I found was 1.17.1 (Which Im using now) and 1.17 blink.gif
Gruuunt
http://forums.unitedadmins.com/index.php?showtopic=39088 is where its at, soz!
Cheeseh
ohmy.gif where is the source+license ohmy.gif ph34r.gif
Wildfire
that Metamod 1.17.1p9 didnt help me sad.gif
Sandman[SA]
QUOTE (Wildfire @ Aug 6 2004, 06:16 PM)
that Metamod 1.17.1p9 didnt help me sad.gif

Same here. Infact, it made things far worse for my server so I went back to the metamod.org released 1.17.1 version.
Catfish
QUOTE (Gruuunt @ Aug 6 2004, 08:48 AM)
Will be interested to see a confirmation that it was the special metamod version that fixed it Catfish.  unsure.gif

Unfortunately metamod 1.17.1p9 didn't solve the problem from my end, either (sorry Gruuunt). NS still locks up when the latest beta HPB_bot.dll is used with WhichBot (v 0.93). It's almost always when both sets of bots are loading at the beginning of a map. On the few occasions that I survive this period, HL will often freeze, seemingly when many bots are simultaneously respawning ? although on one occasion I managed to go about an hour with no dramas, before quitting myself. As I stated in my last post, if I use either of these bots independently of one another they run fine. I don't have these problems with WhichBot + the last official release of RCBot.

For the record, I'm running NS 3.0 beta 4a without Steam(ing turd), on a listen server with no other metamod plugins.
Wildfire
Was looking around at some stuff, found this:

Application Errors
hlds.exe c0000005 hpb_bot!Meta_Attach(0735CE46)

not sure if it helps though, but who knows? (I dont laugh.gif )
Cheeseh
could be a version error. of course I can't check since there is no source I can find for that metamod 1.17.1p9 version. unsure.gif
Lumpy
The source would be the third download link of the first forum post of that thread.
Wildfire
QUOTE (Cheeseh @ Aug 8 2004, 12:29 AM)
could be a version error. of course I can't check since there is no source I can find for that metamod 1.17.1p9 version. unsure.gif

Its not for the 1p9, I went back to 1.17.1 again since 1p9 didnt seem to be any better.

EDIT:
Maybe its not just WhichBot that keeps crashing RCBot. I recently installed AMXmod so I could get some nice plugins to work, and the server crashes in the same way it would if WhichBot was running. Maybe all this crashing has something to do with MetaMod plugins in general, or specific plugins arent compatible with RCBot or something. blink.gif
Wildfire
Yup, its crashing the same with AMX mod, except not as much and more randomly. We were having a big game on one of my favorite classic custom maps and the server crashed just as it was getting good sad.gif
Sandman[SA]
I found the problem to be just whichbot. Seems whichbot v0.92e to 0.93b for win32 somehow caught the crash bug. And whichbot v0.93 to v0.93b for linux is bugged as well.

Clamatius is currently working on the problem. Hopefully he will nip this in the bud quickly. Anyone who could offer him some assistance debugging it, i'm sure it would be appreciated.
LordSkitch
::cough:: RC > WB! laugh.gif
Wildfire
Nvm, you were right, Sandman. The new crash is coming from ns.dll.
Wildfire
Have been using WB v9.2 while getting the crashes.

I am now using 9.3 (I think 9.3b?) So far, so good.
Wildfire
9.3 was the same.

I have transferred my NS server to a new and faster server computer, I will try WB with the August 16 RCBot beta and see how it goes.
Sandman[SA]
I found whichbot v0.91 stable on win32 with the latest rcbot beta.
ModChaosControl
I know how to fix this problem. Get rid of the reputation system or get RCBot to recognise when there are HiveMind or WhichBot aliens and shut down the reputation system until then. Or atleast stop trying to get reputations after it cant get one at first.
Cheeseh
more technical info?
Wildfire
Is this something I would do, or would Cheeseh have to do this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.