Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Build Portal Criteria
RCBot Forums > Waypoints > RCBot 1 Waypoints > Natural-Selection Waypoints
Gruuunt
unsure.gif I noticed on the map Nancy today, that when the map was loaded I had the message on the console summat like "No waypoints for marine build".

Now this was using some waypoints for Nancy, that Sandy kindly uploaded for me y-day, but I have also seen this on maps I have waypointed myself, that No portal is being built, I've just never noticed the message before... (maybe the version of RcBot when the map was waypointed)? ph34r.gif

How does Rcbot set its criteria where to drop a portal? Is there a set distance to place waypoints from the cc, or would it be possible to add to waypoint_menu a Portal 1 & Portal 2 Flag Type, and when the game starts it randomly chooses 1 of the 2 portal waypoints. This would also perhaps remove a little of the processing and give the waypointer even greater control? cool.gif

When Running RcBot and Whichbot together and No portal for the Rines, the odds are the game will be over rather quick. sad.gif
LordSkitch
Good call se?or Grunt, maybe even institute like a "special" waypoint that can be used for a multitude of things, given its location and whatnot.. of course that would actually require more processing.... Okay, let's just go with Grunts idea laugh.gif
Cheeseh
it comes up with that error when no waypoints are close enough to the command console, this is to get a good location for the portal, you might need at least two waypoints around the console in a place where a portal could go.
Sandman[SA]
oops! Check the ns_nancy waypoint thread. unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.