Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF happened here?
RCBot Forums > News > Site/Forum
Sandman[SA]
I open my email editer and I recieved this notification twice. What the hell is going on here?

RCBot Forums
[Scanned] Topic Subscription Reply Notification [ From RCBot Forums ]

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support.

LordSkitch
...what? lol laugh.gif
Gruuunt
You've clicked on the track this topic hyperlink at sometime me-thinks. I've got one on each forum area so I know when there is summat new posted... wink.gif
Cheeseh
I thought it was a thing of every forum that if you create a thread you usually get a notice
LordSkitch
i don't get no notice! mad.gif
Sandman[SA]
No, see. My email provider has an antivirus application running on it that weeds out KNOWN viruses. When it finds one, the email topic then starts with [Scanned]. I do get normal notices from this forum that look like this...

RCBot Forums
Topic Subscription Reply Notification [ From RCBot Forums ]

Sandman[SA],

Gruuunt has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "WTF happened here?".

The topic can be found here:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....view=getnewpost

There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is
to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Unsubscribing:
--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.

Regards,

The RCBot Forums team.
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php

That's why I said "WTF". Why, all of a sudden is this forum trying to send me viruses?
LordSkitch
::cough::linux::cough:: laugh.gif
Cheeseh
It doesn't say it's a virus, it says its clean.

It's all part of the serverside mail, not your mail, its scanning outgoing mail and marking it as [Scanned].
LordSkitch
I need to do that with my smtp server lol laugh.gif
Sandman[SA]
Oh, I thought it was something else. Thx for clearing that up cheeseh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.