Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Elder has Returned!
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Unrelated
Depot
Howdy all! Just stopped by to see what condition your condition was in. tongue.gif

To those who don't know me, I used to help teh Cheeseh way back when RCBots first came out for NS (aka kwikloader). Right now, I am setting up the Duel of the Bots so this necessitates my return to RCBotdom.

Also, I have "rcbot addbot 1" in my server.cfg to (hopefully) add a bot to marine team only, but instead it adds TWO bots, one to each team. Help ?!?!?

Thirdly, as some maps don't have rcbot waypoints I would desire no bots join while said maps are playing. How do I do this? PLEASE don't tell me I have to create a map.cfg for EVERY map! dry.gif
Sandman[SA]
Oh, I remember you. Long time sir. cool.gif

Ok, first thing. Check your rcbot/map_configs/ns folder. As you can guess, here is where you have all your map spacific config files. And yes, you will have to make some. ph34r.gif

As for waypoints, ask and you shall recieve. Or you can make them yourself if you remember how. tongue.gif
Depot
Ok, will create them then.

In preparation for the "Duel" I have somewhat tweaked the bot profile. Please let me know what I can change to further improve accuracy.

CODE
name="DigitalDan"
favmod=1
favteam=1
skill=100
aim_skill=1.0
aim_time=0.0
aim_speed=18.0
spray="8ball1"
gorge_percent=0
lerk_percent=0
fade_percent=0
onos_percent=0
numgames=0
hal_pretrain_file="common_hal.trn"
hal_aux_file="common_hal.aux"
hal_ban_file="common_hal.ban"
hal_swap_file="common_hal.swp"
Sandman[SA]
I don't see how rcbots could miss anything with those settings. You plaining on hunting wb's new speeding fade? laugh.gif
Depot
OMFG! Have you seen him??? He's like, super-duper-celerity PLUS blink.
The sucker FLIES ...meh!
Depot
This is probably an old gripe, so pardon me posting this in the wrong thread.

I don't want RCBots on every map in my mapcycle, and I darn sure dont want to have to create 50 plus map configs to prevent it. Why can't this be coded so that no bots will join if there's no waypoints for that map?

=== edit ===Why won't the bots upgrade weapons in Combat if I have hmg priority at 5 and lmg priority at 1? Enclosed find 1 tabshot from a test (rcbots tweaked by lordskitch)
Sandman[SA]
QUOTE (Depot @ Mar 2 2005, 11:14 PM)
I don't want RCBots on every map in my mapcycle, and I darn sure dont want to have to create 50 plus map configs to prevent it. Why can't this be coded so that no bots will join if there's no waypoints for that map?

=== edit ===Why won't the bots upgrade weapons in Combat if I have hmg priority at 5 and lmg priority at 1? Enclosed find 1 tabshot from a test (rcbots tweaked by lordskitch)

My guess is that rcbot was not truely designed for dedicated server usage, mainly only intended for LAN games. Why cheeseh never used a check for waypoint method, only he can answer.

Ummmm, I don't know why your having this problem because rcbots are upgrading agressively in beta4a combat. Although, rcbot marines are far more devistating then there alien counter-parts.
Depot
Here is my bot_weapons.cfg (marines only). Tell me if you see a problem.

CODE
# weapon id 13 (knife)
[weapon_id=13]
underwater=1
primaryfire=1
primary_min_range=0
primary_max_range=200
is_melee=1
[/weapon]

# weapon id 14 (pistol)
[weapon_id=14]
primaryfire=1
primary_min_range=0
primary_max_range=2000
priority=1
[/weapon]

# weapon id 15 (lmg)
[weapon_id=15]
primaryfire=1
primary_min_range=0
primary_max_range=2000
priority=1
[/weapon]

# weapon id 16 (shotgun)
[weapon_id=16]
primaryfire=1
primary_min_range=0
primary_max_range=750
priority=4
[/weapon]

# weapon id 17 (heavy machine gun)
[weapon_id=17]
primaryfire=1
primary_min_range=0
primary_max_range=2000
priority=5
[/weapon]

# weapon id 18 (welder)
[weapon_id=18]
primaryfire=1
primary_min_range=0
primary_max_range=72
priority=1
is_melee=1
[/weapon]

# weapon id 19 (mine)
[weapon_id=19]
# can't fire normally with this weapon
[/weapon]

# weapon id 20 (grenade gun)
[weapon_id=20]
primaryfire=1
primary_min_range=320
primary_max_range=1500
priority=3
[/weapon]
Sandman[SA]
Did you change the weapons priority list? Why would anyone choose using a welder over a shotgun for attacking live enemy targets? Seems kinda pointless to me.

Now unless I am mistaken, the lower the priority = the higher the desire to use that weapon? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Depot
# priority            // make it high for good weapons and low
#                    // for worse weapons...
#                    // (e.g. melee weapons should have low priority
#                    // but if you want them to be used more often,
#                    // you can make them higher priority...

LordSkitch sugegst I check my version number, and low and behold, I failed to install the latest. I simply changed the dlls and fired it up, and all is well now, TO well actually. Thanks for your help thus far.
Depot
I have these bots pretty well balanced on co_ulysses and co_pulse. All I need is HLTV and we can get this going. Any volunteers?
LordSkitch
Yeah, higher the number, the more they wanna use it...

# weapon id 4 for NS (spike gun)
[weapon_id=4]
underwater=1
primaryfire=1
primary_min_range=0
primary_max_range=768
priority=7
is_melee=0
[/weapon]

Makes my bots sick with that damn spike gun.. Lerks are like the most feared class on my server now biggrin.gif
Sandman[SA]
I think I can do an hltv. Let me get the server IP so I can set one up.

Only problem is that my connection is only good for maybe 15 hltv spectators. I could record a demo if that is do-able? You would just need a good host to distribute the demo.
Depot
I probably need a big boy HLTV for this - I am really advertising it.
Gruuunt
Beats watching the wrestling... ph34r.gif
Sandman[SA]
Have you ever seen an HLTV demo? It's about as interective as if you were actually connected to the server. At least that is what I remembered from my STA days with clan Torque. But then again, that was TFC and on WON, not steam.

Anyway, the offer still stands. I can record an HLTV demo for you given that you provide a time, IP addy and a slot for HLTV. That's if you can't find anything better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.