Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBots don't join Marines!
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Bug Report
d31iRi0u5
Been ages since I played NS, but I want to use bots to get familiar again smile.gif

Anyway, I have both RCBot and HiveMind installed correctly, they both work fine, but there's one little problem... the RCBots don't join Marines on game start when I'm using HiveMind bots! When I disable HiveMind, RCBots join both teams just fine. But when I have HiveMind enabled, and I add HM bots to the alien side, when someone (bot or human) joins marines and it triggers the game start, no more RCBots join the marine team. They just sit in the ReadyRoom.

I've messed around with mp_limitteams and other things, but just can't get it to work right. There's probably some rcon command I'm leaving out, and if you know what it is, your help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: When I wait for a RCBot to join marines first, THEN add HM bots one at a time (as RCBots join), it works! Odd...
LordSkitch
Try doin rcbot addbot 1 when RCB won't join marines, see if that works..
d31iRi0u5
Yeah, well, I could do it that way, but I wanted it to work automatically...

I think I found the problem anyway: First of all, I had to change mp_limitteams to a high number, like on a 16-man server it had to be at least mp_limitteams 8. I want all the HM bots on the alien team, and all the RCBots on the marine team. Only problem is config balance_teams 1 isn't working correctly, since the RCBots still want to join the alien team. I even went through each bot's profile and changed their favteam to 1, but they still want to join aliens.

Any ideas (aside from kicking the alien bots and manually putting new ones on marine)?
LordSkitch
If you want it like 4v4, RC vs HM, add 4 hivemind bots at the start in your server.cfg file, then put rcbot config max_bots 4 and rcbot config min_bots 4, and it should make 4 bots join, they'll auto even the teams, and cause there's 4 hivemind bots already on the aliens team, they should go marine.
d31iRi0u5
For some odd reason, now the teams are balancing correctly. 17-man server, 8 HM bots, 7 RCBots, myself, and 1 open slot. I think it's because I completely quit Natural Selection, reloaded it, then it read from the bot_config file correctly. Cool! Only problem now is the game crashes when it goes to the next map and the bots start joining teams, but that's just because I have too many bots in the server.

Thx for the quick replies though, Skitch smile.gif
LordSkitch
Word.
Cheeseh
It won't crash just because you've got too many bots running, either got a crash in the bot dll you are running or something else, did you get the latest beta? (updated 1st june i think) It fixes a crash related to bots vision that was added in an earlier beta file.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.