Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Default Access Level
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
DarthSailor
In the bot_users.ini, I tried using

"" * 2

to give everyone access to adding and removing bots, but no luck there. What should it be?

Darth
Cheeseh
you can't do it becuase its a huge gap in security.

You need to put in explicitly the steam ID/ or name & password.

If you want anyone to access it then make about 32 "accounts" and put them up somewhere so ppl can see them.
DarthSailor
Dam... I was hoping for something like Whichbot's /wb add and /wb remove capabilites. Didn't realize it would leave a gap like that. Mainly the util commands I guess.

Thanks Cheeseh. Still the best bots going.
deadscott
So the line would read=

STEAM_0:0:00000 3

Is this correct?
deadscott
Thank you Cheesy, great work, again.
DarthSailor
Just checking in to see if anybody has come up with a solution to the general public being able to add and remove bots without having to change their name to something in the bot_users.ini.

Anybody come up with a plugin or something? Anybody?
LordSkitch
i looked through the code real quick to see if i could find the line where it checks permissions to add the bot so you could comment it out and recompile it, but i couldn't find it.

lol i thought the os code ive been having to deal with was complicated... i forgot how insanely complex rcbot is... and theres not even any multithreading in it!
Cheeseh
The Bot access stuff is hidden in each Command access level and is checked before every generic command in ClientCommand function when it calls the CBotCommand class function
LordSkitch
maybe it would be easier to just make an amxx plugin something on the order of..

CODE
public plugin_init()
{
    register_plugin("RCBot Bot Handler","1.0","Lord Skitch")
    register_clcmd("say /rc addbot","addBot",0,"saying this will add an RCBot")
    register_clcmd("say /rc delbot","delBot"0,"saying this will remove an RCBot")
}

public addBot()
{
    server_cmd("rcbot addbot")
    client_print(0,print_chat,"[RCBot] Adding a bot...")
    return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

public delBot()
{
    server_cmd("rcbot removebot")
    client_print(0,print_chat,"[RCBot] Removing a bot...", player1)
    return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

that'd probably solve the problem... and you wouldnt have to run a separate compile. plus, if you want a certain level of people only to be able to use the commands, you could add them in your users.ini file for amxx, then change the lines
register_clcmd("say /rc addbot","addBot",0,"saying this will add an RCBot")
to something like
register_clcmd("say /rc addbot","addBot",ADMIN_KICK,"saying this will add an RCBot")
and that would give all your admins with the ability to kick someone the ability to add and remove bots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.