Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marine only?
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Grimm Spector
Well I discovered aliens just won't move for the most part even with waypoints, nor will they follow a human, so I want to use this for JUST the marine team, how do I make that happen? They seem to ignore the preferred team in their profile even with balance off....
Sandman[SA]
Well, you have two options here.

1) if you always want only marine rcbots on every map, just add "rcbot addbot 1" to your server.cfg for as many bots as you want.

2) in your rcbot\map_configs\ns folder, create <mapname>.cfg for each map you want rcbots to go marines and add "rcbot addbot 1" for how many marine bots you want.

Just keep in mind the following addbot commands.

rcbot addbot = bot joins random team
rcbot addbot 1 = bot joins marine
rcbot addbot 2 = bot joins alien
Grimm Spector
QUOTE (Sandman[SA] @ Aug 9 2005, 07:09 AM)
Well, you have two options here.

1) if you always want only marine rcbots on every map, just add "rcbot addbot 1" to your server.cfg for as many bots as you want.

2) in your rcbot\map_configs\ns folder, create <mapname>.cfg for each map you want rcbots to go marines and add "rcbot addbot 1" for how many marine bots you want.

Just keep in mind the following addbot commands.

rcbot addbot = bot joins random team
rcbot addbot 1 = bot joins marine
rcbot addbot 2 = bot joins alien

well that doesn't help, because I want bots to join and leave as players join and leave, but only join as marines.

also I noticed in combat they don't seem to upgrade as marines, and only rarely as aliens...why and how can this be fixed??
Cheeseh
sounds like you need the latest Beta dlls ??

set up maxbots to your max bots, and minbots to 0 (or minimum preferred bots) and set all bot profiles favteam to 1, also you'll need NS balancing of teams command and set it off. Also "rcbot config balance_teams 0" (i think!)
Grimm Spector
ahh so they'll join team 1 and if they can't will they just sit in RR till they can?
Cheeseh
yeah if they can't join marines that is. If "rcbot config balance_teams" is on they will switch teams if that happens, so make sure that is off if you want them to join marines only.
Grimm Spector
thanks man, now I just have to figure out why they get stuck on some corners even though there's no waypoint there and make some waypoints since not every map has em tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.