Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HLDS crash
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Flynn
First of I'd like to say so far the bots a great, good job.

For NS 3.0 FINAL

AMXMOD installed and without the RCBots works fine
With the latest files (downloaded as of Aug 26, 2005) the program runs fine up to a point.

If there are no bots on the server (playing or ready room) The server seems to be stable.

If I play 1v1 with a bot on aliens anywhere from 2 to 20 mins (usually within first 8 mins) The HLDS crashes with the following message:

The instruction at "0x01403207" referenced memory at "0x013f43ec". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminater the program.

I've done fresh installs, on both AMX and RCBots. Both reconfiguring cfgs/inis manual and from the original installs.

everything is where it should be (according to both the offical web site(s) and here in the forums). I have 0 extras installed so its just the base configs.

Near as I can tell the crash usually occurs during combat. (not 100% verified, because I can't allways get to where the bots are when structures are attacked before it crashes.

There is nothing in the console of the server that is out of the ordinary.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Sandman[SA]
Humm, A little more info if you please.

You said NS 3.0f but what server patch version?
What version of amx?
What version of metamod?
With amxmod, are you running stats or antiflood plugins?
Is this server dedicated or LAN?
Flynn
I am Running a Dedicated server
AMX 0.9.9 - steam
metamod 1.17.1 (Win)

no stats, and only the antiflood that came with amx

The box is a p4 3ghz winxp with 1 gig ram

Sandman[SA]
AHHH, big problem would be to first update your version of metamod to at least 1.17.4. Your way to far behind there.

Amx 0.9.9 has been known to become unstable with NS 3.0 beta series and final. Recommend upgrading to amxmodx 1.0, 1.01 or the newest is 1.55 which is still not proven on NS but you could try that.

Last but not least, I have found that most stats and antiflood plugins cause instability with bot servers. Try disabling them if the crashing continues.
Flynn
Ok I'll give it a try. Thx for the prompt replies.
Sandman[SA]
You bet. Feel free to IM me if you need more help.
LordSkitch
Hehe, I'm still running Meta v1.17.2p10 from Aug 31, 2004
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.