Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Addbot Problimo
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Smurfy911
Okay i'm new and me and my friend would rather play with bots than real people biggrin.gif.

I think im using metamod, that is i followed your installation properly the official one and the addons folder and plugins.ini should all be right I get the rcbot not a recognized command or wahtever message is my liblist thing alright, its just the bottom half of it the top half i havn't touched:

cldll "cl_dlls\client.dll"
hlversion "1110"
// How to allow training but disable "New game"?
type "multiplayer_only"
// Don't show models in browser
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
// Only show NS-compliant maps
mpentity "info_mapinfo"
// Using HPB_bot support for now
//gamedll "dlls\ns.dll"

gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

gamedll_linux "dlls/ns_i386.so"

Is that all right? if so anyone got an idea about my problem, also in the plugins.ini folwer where does the win32 rcbot_mm.dll go on the very top and if so where are the slashes?
link2002
it is "win32 ../rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll", not "win32 rcbot_mm.dll"
Smurfy911
Okay i'm not on my home computer but i think that's what i have i'll check sometime soon, is there anything else that could be wrong or is that definately the problem?
Cheeseh
most probably that is whats wrong, as long as you have installed rcbot to the correct folder.
Smurfy911
Okay that rcbot mm_dll crap ( i know its wrong but dont worry its correct in the folder) where does this go, bottom top in the middle of my plugins.ini folder, or does it even matter?
Sandman[SA]
Technically, it doesn't really matter if it's first, middle or last, as long as the entry was made correctly but it has been suggested by most other bot authors to put thier bot at the top of the metamod/plugins.ini list.
Smurfy911
Thanks for tryin to help guyz but after reading multiple guides from friends on other forums, the official rcbot one, the metamod one and some other posts on forums i got it working, i have no clue how, but who cares its working ! biggrin.gif I'm awesome like ph34r.gif ninja!
Liger_XT5
your not the only one that has prob with this before.
Sandman[SA]
Ok, im gonna go ahead and mark this as resolved and close it. If you have any more questions, please start a new thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.