Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBots in Natural-selection 3.05
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Unrelated
OZZIE
I googled around a bit to find a good bot that I could use to train up my comskills with..
I took me a while to get everything installed and working.
So now I have lastest full version of the bot and whichbot.
I fill up aliens with whichbot and rcbots on marines.
Enter the cc (Command chair).
The thing is all bots starts running of to their damn waypoints and nobody stays and builds. And bots that run past a rt dont stop there (even a short while) they just run past. It annoys me that the bots are really unwilling to build. If I set a structure right beside a bot it starts building (in most cases) but if it's just 2 meters away it just keeps going of to some pointless waypoints.

To my suggestions:
* Make bots go to waypoint (From the commander) TOP PRIORITY. To avoid you having to keep giving waypoints to the bot for him to move you can make a timer. Say after like 1 min the last wp (from the commander) drops in priority and after 2 min it drops even lower and so on..

* Increase the distance the bot has to be from a structure to start building it.

* If possible make a system so the bot recognices if the team has no ip and then he goes back to cc (then it works with relocations) to build the ip.

* Make bots recognice rts (resource towers) and stop there and use the radio event: [Request Order]

This would make a very good bot for commander training and more like a real player. I know that all this is alot of work but the profit is very nice too. The ns world would praise your bot and it would become very popular.

Best regards OZZIE
random
To my suggestions:
* Make bots go to waypoint (From the commander) TOP PRIORITY. To avoid you having to keep giving waypoints to the bot for him to move you can make a timer. Say after like 1 min the last wp (from the commander) drops in priority and after 2 min it drops even lower and so on..

* Increase the distance the bot has to be from a structure to start building it.

* If possible make a system so the bot recognices if the team has no ip and then he goes back to cc (then it works with relocations) to build the ip.

* Make bots recognice rts (resource towers) and stop there and use the radio event: [Request Order]

1 bots follow commander gien waypoints(make sure u have the most recent dlls)

the ns hasn't and i belive does not want to implement an api system(smyplises graphics i think) so bots cannot use cc but i think theres code for bots to build an ip magicaly not sure of that

they also request ammo and medpacks from time to time(latest dlls)
OZZIE
I didn't mean that they should use the cc just that they return to base and build the unbuilt ip. That I've set out...
random
its in the latest dlls if they don't do it tehm selves give them an order to and they least do it unless theres lava between them and their destination which then they die ()note latest dlls are the top of the downloads page)
LordSkitch
The bots will follow waypoints if they can find a path to there, and top priority would also mean they couldn't build anything along the way, or attack anything, or investigate sounds so they dont get attacked, etc.

A lot of structures are finicky about where you look/can be when youre building them, and having them be as close as possible helps eliminat them standing there trying to build something but not actually building it

The bots don't know whats where really, and they wont know an IP is there unless they see it, and if they see the unbuilt IP, they'll build it.

There MIGHT be a way to implement the bots calling for RT placement, that'd take some testing I imagine.

And the RCBots are the most advanced AI any of the mods it supports has to offer. It already IS famous, and it IS very popular.
Sandman[SA]
I have not seen the marine bots refuse to build anything unless they were in or near an alien hot zone, heard something and are investigating. Maps like siege maps, I would drop all the rts and only waypoint the farthest one and the bots build them all without orders.

My guess is you either have no waypoints or outdated waypoints for the maps your having troubles with. Check out waypoint-world.com for the latest waypoints.
Cheeseh
The orders are already of "high priority" basically when a bot gets an order, they forget what they are doing and do the order, unless they are getting attacked. The marines will build structures from time to time if they see them (No matter how far!) as long as they see them, they will go to them and build them.

The distance for seeing structures is already quite big, perhaps they just aren't seeing them until quite late because of simulated reaction times, you can use some tweaking commands, like:

max_update_vision_revs
update_vision_time

in botprofiles ( http://rcbot.bots-united.com/botprofiles.htm )

note: it's update_vision_time, not max_update_vision_time (typo on my part)

The waiting at resource fountains feature was in my old bot for NS 1, but was removed because many found it annoying, so maybe I might sometime add it again but add a command to disable it.
Sandman[SA]
QUOTE (Cheeseh @ Oct 4 2005, 11:37 PM)
The waiting at resource fountains feature was in my old bot for NS 1, but was removed because many found it annoying, so maybe I might sometime add it again but add a command to disable it.

That would be great cheeseh because it gets kinda annoying sending a bot to a res node only to find you don't yet have enough resources to drop a res and the bots keep on running. And a command to disable it would be good aswell to regain the more rambo style tactic they have now for the fun maps like siege.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.