Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBot and Whitchbot
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Unrelated
Tiro
I just installed Whitchbot, to use as players on the alien team, while I use RCBot as the marines, but I have had a few issues.

First of all, after the installation of WB, the game inevitably crashes at some random point during gameplay. What can be done to fix this?

Secondly, RCBot always get a real good beating by WB! RCBot is always loosing. What can be done to improve the balance?

Thirdly, on some maps the marine RCBots seem to never leave the spawn area. Why?

I guess a lot would be improved with good waypoints. I tried to look around for good waypoints, but have found none. Anyone know where I can get good waypoint packages for both WB and RCBot?

Thanks a lot... smile.gif
Cheeseh
1. dunno :s

2. check out botprofiles in the manual section of the main web-site

3. no waypoints/ out of date waypoints (can get them on http://www.waypoint-world.com)
random
some quickfire qeustions

are you using metamod?

if so your sure its latest verison?

are you using natural selection 3.0?

what happens if you just use whichbot?

you sure your plugins.ini(metamod) and your liblist.gam file are right?

note:my liblist.gam and pulgins.ini are messy and i have rcbot folder is just about every place i could think of so i doubt posting mine would help
Tiro
QUOTE (random @ Oct 28 2005, 06:48 PM)
some quickfire qeustions

are you using metamod?

if so your sure its latest verison?

are you using natural selection 3.0?

what happens if you just use whichbot?

you sure your plugins.ini(metamod) and your liblist.gam file are right?

note:my liblist.gam and pulgins.ini are messy and i have rcbot folder is just about every place i could think of so i doubt posting mine would help

are you using metamod? Yes

if so your sure its latest verison? yes

are you using natural selection 3.0? Yes

what happens if you just use whichbot? I'll try

you sure your plugins.ini(metamod) and your liblist.gam file are right? Yes

Ty for ur help! smile.gif
Tiro
When I use either just RCBot or ust Whichbot it never crashes...
Tiro
Well,
I reinstalled NS and all the bots for it, and now it works good without crashing!
WB has good waypoints and offer a challenge for me!

However, I am left with a few questions about RCBot:

For marines to win, they need co-ordinated attacks. Is there any way to make the RCBots follow me easily? If I make a squad they usually will follow me but they are slow and move clumsily.

I have to make a new squad everytime I die, don't I? If this is the only way to make RCBots follow you, is there anyway to keep the squad even if I die?

Finally, I still need waypoints. The waypoint world site hardly contained any RCBot waypoints, and as good as none were up to date (NS 3.0). Most of them were from Beta. Is there some way to get more waypoints??

Again, thanks for all your help! smile.gif
LordSkitch
You can set the formations and tightness of the squad through the squad menu, but I think youll have to make a new squad each time you die.. I don't remember how that works

Waypoints: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....findpost&p=4626
Tiro
Thank you!
Just what I needed! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.