Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teams
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Orange-Soda
hey. i've installed rcbot to my serv and may i say its l33t smile.gif i was wonderin how can i limit it so you can only add bots to aliens (team 2) and not marines (team 1)
random
using the amazing search feature for "teams" i found this link
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ic=826&hl=teams
pretty sure the readme file also helps check that in a minute for you
Sandman[SA]
Actually, you have two options to do this.

1.) Add "rcbot addbot 2" ( without the quotes, of course ) to your server.cfg ( dedicated ) or listenserver.cfg ( LAN ) for as many bots as you want to join on every map.

2.) In your /rcbot/map_configs/ns/ folder, create map spacific config files for each map you have in your mapcycle.txt. This method works for both LAN and Dedicated server. Example..

ns_eclipse.cfg
In this file, you add the following....
CODE
rcbot addbot 2
rcbot addbot 2
rcbot addbot 2
rcbot addbot 2

This will add 4 bots on ns_eclipse. You need to create map spacific configs for every map you you have in your mapcycle.txt. Why? Because rcbot remembers the settings from the last mapname.cfg read. For maps in your list that you DON'T want bots joining on, ( say you don't have waypoints for said map ) leave the spacific mapname.cfg blank and bots will NOT join on that map.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.