Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BOts jammed on BAse
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Fentus

[RCBOT>] bot profile (5) HAL brain damaged!
[RCBOT>] inferring a new HAL brain to profile (5)
[RCBOT>] HAL : restoring brain to [m00]m1lk

[RCBOT>] warning: GetClientRep(): Bad pClient recieved (NULL) (returning default)
[RCBOT>] Adding bot...
That error comes to me when i adding bot. Bots will spawn but they just move around on base... if im commanding and give them a wayp they just jamming on base... sometimes they will move out of base but when they get killed they are back to jamm on base tongue.gif... so i have NEWEST dll no mm. and newest botfiles. HELP
Cheeseh
you also need waypoints for the map you are running, you need the right version of waypoints aswell for the right version of map because the same maps can change in structure each new release rendering some waypoints obsolete, so check up on the waypoints forum here to get the waypoints for the right version of the map you are running (e.g. for ns 3.1 : http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=807)

extract them into rcbot/waypoints/ns

PS: i think ns_altair waypoints might be wrong, If these are the same ones that were on skitchy's server then yep (but I fixed most of them on your server, skitchy, so they might be a bit better now tongue.gif paths kept going through walls and stuff)
LordSkitch
I kept forgetting to do it, and when I was playing and saw the busted waypoints I was too tired to do it.. tongue.gif
Fentus
Okay.. running ns 3.1.2 hope that work... and btw map was ns_eclipse i put waypoints show on and they looked fine.. ill try this now...
Fentus
Ok iv gott now ALL perfectly right but making squad teams is uknown thing to me... btw how can i become to squad team leader... HEHE im nooBBB tongue.gif
Cheeseh
"rcbot squad_menu" in console (or bind a key is better)

and select make squad, make sure you are near some bots to pick up in your squad
Sandman[SA]
I have noticed to that even my verion of ns_altair waypoint was a little sceewed up in a few spots so I went around and dubble checked every path and tag. I think this waypoint will work satisfactorally.

ns_altair for NS 3.1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.