Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can bots pull a box with Pushable Object Waypoint?
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Unrelated
Swoop
Hi Everyone.

I am having a blast with RCBot in SvenCoop! I have also downloaded the source and edited things like waypoint vector colors to make waypointing easier to work with and easy to identify. I have also edited the bot_menu so that there is a BACK Option for every menu page (but first.) I am addicted! smile.gif If anyone is interested, drop me a line.

Anywho, my question is this: Using The Pushable Object Waypoint, If a bot overshoots his pushing of a box when trying to get it under an opening, will he have the ability to PULL it back if it gets sent to a corner?

I guess this pulling ability would be good for other situations, too; not just overshooting.

Thanks,
Swoop
Cheeseh
they dont pull pushables they just walk into them at a specific direction and use (i.e push)

pulling is difficult even for me because its even easier to 'overshoot', sometimes the pushable ends up going sideways

the pushable code is rather simple, there is no pathfinding, its just a straight line push to the pushable waypoint, and the pushable must be in the vicinity
Swoop
Hi Cheeseh. Thanks for the reply. Great mod by the way! smile.gif

So you are saying that all I need is the pushable object waypoint in the location where the pushable should go, but I don't need to create any paths to it?

What about pre-existing paths that might be passing near it or intersecting it? Would they mess it up?

Thanks,
Swoop
Cheeseh
yeah basically you put the pushable waypoint at the place where it should be..

there is no pathfinding done at atll. they just face the waypoint and push the object if it is visible, if it is not visible they wont go around looking for it, there is no pathfinding as such done with pushables other than the fact that, if there any paths leading to the pushable and the bot is on that path then it will search for a pushable if there are not any on the pushable waypoint and push it into the waypoint, otherwise they completly ignore it and go through the waypoint as normal.. long sentence tongue.gif
Swoop
.. long sentence?

Hehe, yeah, I think ya lost me on that one. Are you saying that basically, I don't need any paths pointing to the pushable waypoint, but to just have it in the vicinity? Also, are you saying that I DO need a pathway that goes by somewhat near the pushable OBJECT (ie, a box) that the bots can follow a path to. When would they ignore it altogether?

I guess ya lost me with too many "pushable"s in one sentence and now my head hurts! LOL! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.