Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBot has problems on Sven Co-op 3.0
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
mrooobaa
Hey,

I installed RCBot into Sven Co-op, and it doesn't work that well. I'm able to get the bots to work, but then the game isn't able to connect to the internet and I can't make waypoints (I can enter in waypoints and the console will acknowledge them, but nothing will really happen). I installed RCBot to the Half-Life mod folder, and I modified the libst.gam file so it would load the RCBot dll. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Cheeseh
I'm a bit confused with the question. what do you mean that:

"I can enter in waypoints and the console will acknowledge them, but nothing will really happen"

what are you expecting to happen? what exactly is wrong?
mrooobaa
Whenever I enter in a waypoint command, it will say it is doing the command but it actually isn't. Last time I used waypoints, it was on a different computer and it worked fine. I was expecting to see the waypoints and the paths and everything, but I didn't see anything (I tested it on a regular map, I think it was ospery). I'll type in the command (like displaying the waypoints) and it will say that it is currently displaying waypoints, but I don't see any. And making waypoints just doesn't work at all.
Cheeseh
i'd try making waypoints on a listen server if you arnt already,

I'd also make sure rcbot is installed to the correct folder so it can find the waypoints directory (half-life/rcbot)

also what maps are you trying to run? I might have some waypoints you could try.
mrooobaa
What's a listen server?

Is C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\my email\half-life\ the place to put the RCBot folder?

Oh yeah, I was just trying ospery
Cheeseh
listen server = a server started from loading svencoop (i.e. not dedicated server)

yea. the bot folder should be in half-life/rcbot i.e. waypoints should also be in half-life/rcbot/waypoints/svencoop (for svencoop waypoints). Osprey should already be waypointed if it isnt I could upload one for you.

The reason why i asked if you are using a listen server is so that the bot commands will always work so I know the waypoint commands are definetly being called.
mrooobaa
Nope, I already have waypoints for that. The bots navigate pretty well in that level. But when I ask it to show the waypoints, it will say that it's displaying waypoints but it really isn't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.