Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My bots for NS dont shoot or respawn
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Kafka
I installed everything and it seems to be working except for the fact that the bots do not shoot. They look at me like they want to but dont and i made sure the no fire thing was off. Ive checked the faqs but i didnt see anything that related to this. Also the bots dont respawn on co maps so i dont know what to do. I would realy appreciate any help its important to me that my bots try and kill me.
Cheeseh
are you using the latest beta dlls...
http://filebase.bots-united.com/index.php?action=file&id=205
Kafka
Ok i installed those dlls and they stil dont fight. I got them to respawn now but they dont fight at all. I have no clue what it could be.
Cheeseh
is the clan mode (or ns tournament mode) disabled? I think that makes everyone invurnerable until a certain time or certain players join the game, is that right??? Check that out, make sure every one isnt invurnerable for a dstart, cos bots wont shoot invurnerable things tongue.gif
Kafka
im pretty sure thats not on. Im not exactly sure of how to check that but im able to kill them so they definately aretn invunerable. I kill them and i can kill myself.
Kafka
Is there a command that affects weather they fight or not? Im guessing its something simple that i overlooked. Its so weird cause they are trying to attack it looks like but they just arent puling the trigger its weird.
Cheeseh
"rcbot config dont_shoot 1" makes then not shoot
Kafka
yeah man i know that its currently set to 0
i believe that it actualy makes them not look for targets as said in the discription of the command. And i know they are looking for targets they just arent shooting.
Cheeseh
use

rcbot debug_bot bot <botname>

or

rcbot debug_bot facing (whilst looking at a bot)

and see what tasks they are trying to perform, perhaps they are doing something thats stopping them from attacking

Kafka
Ok this might be something i used the comand and it said it didnt exist. Then i tried rcbot debug, which returned an error. So not sure what that means maybeyou do?
Cheeseh
could be you are using a very old version (1.3) of the bot, make sure you updated the DLL correctly and you are using the correct dll name also in the liblist.gam/metamod plugins.ini or whatever you use
Kafka
well i definately have the most recent dlls i got them from you right? How do i know what verson of the files i have?
Cheeseh
use the console command....

get_rcbot_ver

see what it says (and what build etc)

just guessing it could be old as I rectified some "non attacking" problems in the latest NS and added debug_bot facing commands in the last few versions
Kafka
Ok i found this version folder that says ive got up to 1.3 so im guessing thats an older version. So I looked on your downloads page to find a later version but i didnt see one i guess ill glance it over again.
Kafka
Ok everthing is installed but still they wont fight and it says the version is 1.3. Every time I use the command rcbot debug it says it returned an error.
Cheeseh
the version should be 1.4 obviosuly the bot dll is not set-up properly, the path and everything, so it should be pointing to the latest dll.
Kafka
Ok i did all that still nothing.....
Kafka
Wait they are shooting now fuckin sweeet. Thanks alot man i really appreciate it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.