Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C:\HLDS(NS)\rcbot
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Matta
Because I didn't want Ricochet or Cs:crap or the three or four other mods I'll never play I installed Steam through the command line. I have my steam\steamapps\acct name\half-life directory which steam uses to play the client and I have the hlds(ns)\ directory where I run the ns server along with all the metamods. For all intents and puropses the hlds(ns)\ directory would be the half-life\ directory on a normal install.. I think.. I'm almost sure. I'm getting to my problem here - just setting up the details first.

So I run the server from the hlds(ns)\ directory and Rcbot runs, admindmod runs, amxmodx runs, and metamod works. I've got everything setup fine except for two things. First, rcbot doesn't find the .ini files in the hlds(ns)\rcbot\ directory so I get this in my console:

[RCBOT>] Reading Bot Folder
[RCBOT>] Bot Folder File not found! using default (half-life/rcbot)

and it loads the default settings to matter how much I scream at it. Second, and I think this might be a problem with adminmod or amxmodx, if I manually set the max_bots to 16 (the server max) and min_bots to 0, bots aren't kicked when I try to join the server. A symptom of this is that I only see 15 avilable slots when searching the server though the browser. I've disabled the adminslots.amxx plugin by commenting it out in the C:\HLDS(NS)\ns\addons\amxmodx\configs\plugins.ini file as well as setting the value to 0 in the config files for both amx and adminmod in their respective files. I know that the amxmodx's plugins.ini file is being read because I've installed extralevels3 there and I know the config file is read because of the changes I've made and seen. Same goes for admindmod's changes and results with other values.

If someone could help me with this first problem, Rcbot not reading the configs, then the second one may come about as well. I suspect I'm only having trouble at all because I refused to bother with the default crap Steam tried to saddle me with.

Edit:
I put C:\HLDS(NS)\rcbot into C:\HLDS(NS)\rcbot\bot_folder.ini and it didn't change anything. Just clearing the air with that one.
LordSkitch
Should be rcbot_folder.ini not bot_folder.ini

That'll probably fix most of the problems.
Cheeseh
max_bots should be 15 not 16 (1 less than max players) to let players join

ps: the bot foledr file not found message shouldnt be a problem unless you are setting up the bot with a non-default bot folder directory (written in rcbot_folder.ini) as skitchy said above
Matta
Okay, well shit. All the .ini files read bot_<whatever>.ini and they work okay. The add-remove max and min works okay now too and I really didn't change anything. The server just started correctly reading 0/16 instead of 0/15 after a restart. I freaking love windows. Sorry to bother you all. A freaking restart was all it needed and shit is smooth now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.