Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bots making squads
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Bug Report
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
This is sometimes very frustrating. In some maps (ns or co) bots make LOTS of squads. It means often that they are stuck in base. When I join the team which is stuck in base I use rcbot squad_menu and selections 4 4 and 3 4 (remove all bot squads and remove squad). I do this for like 30 times and they form a new squad instantly and they are -again- stuck in base. They try to move after squad deletion, but they are again totally stuck due to the squading. Now when other side attacks their respawn they sometimes "wake up" and start attacking the other side. Other mean is to say "follow me" and hope they will follow and try to shepherd them to the other side...and it takes time smile.gif

So how to take the squading off? I hope this is not a stupid question. I have really tried to find it out and tried to find out the config, if there is even any for it. Does rcbot need an update to have it as an variable to config?

I understand that aliens need it in ns to help the bot gorge by giving cover, but in co it makes the bots vulnerable...and stuck smile.gif

We have waypointed all the maps on our server and there should not be problems with them, because sometimes bots are very deadly, but too often stuck smile.gif
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Just remembered that when marines say "weld me" they form a squad. Correct me if I am wrong but does rcbot also need an update on the ns menu selections? Like for instance on alien side...when aliens kills an marine it should laugh...right? The alien only say that hissing -dont remember what it means- sound. Is the reason for the forming too many squads only due to the menu update in NS 3.1?

I know you like to put your effort to the source version, but it would be totally awesome if you could update the HL version also. We have had an NS server up for 6 month and we only use rcbot. This is because it can be used on both sides and we use it on both sides and the players love our sever. We have about 50 players that come allmost every day and we have registered over 2000 players after 2 months of HLSW use. It would be very sad that HL-rcbot gets forgotten due to no updates sad.gif

But if there is no update coming we just have to find a way to make them run smoother...hope we find a cure smile.gif
Cheeseh
read http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....view=getnewpost on how to disable bot squads

The menu selections are all wrong I know, even NS has them all wrong when you hover the mouse over the selection for a while it will diplay the wrong thing, i don't know if its an NS bug, I got the latest stuff from flayra and I dont think they have changed so I dont know whats wrong yet, I havent had a great look yet
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
QUOTE (Cheeseh @ Jun 7 2006, 12:21 PM)
read http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....view=getnewpost on how to disable bot squads

So it WAS a stupid question smile.gif Thanks alot for the info!
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
I put that variable in to the rcbot config file: config disable_bot_squads 1

Well now they don't form THAT much squads but still they form them. And they also like to join me...in death wink.gif

So there is no way that they don't join squads at all?
Cheeseh
the variable only disables the formation of their own squads.

they will still form up on humans, which is sometimes required if they get stuck and there are no variables yet to disable it
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
TY
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
bot_config.ini has these variables:

config commanding 0
config wait_for_orders 1
config dont_shoot 0
config chatting 0
config real_mode 0
config max_bots 14
config min_bots 1
config gorge_amount 0.3
config max_path_revs 160
config max_update_vision_revs 160
config update_vision_time 0.07
config reserve_bot_slots 0
config chat_percent 0
config reply_chat_percent 0
config chat_dont_learn 1
config balance_teams 1
config marine_auto_build 1
config allow_botcam 0
config update_ladder_time 0.2
config wall_stick_tolerance 5
config tooltips 0
config disable_bot_squads 1

Like we are now playing co_daimos and the aliens still make their own squads and are stuck at hive. We delete the squads by using bot squad_menu command:
3 bot squads removed
2 bot squads removed
1 bot squads removed
1 bot squads removed
0 bot squads removed
3 bot squads removed
2 bot squads removed
1 bot squads removed
and so on....

Is that variable now in the right place and in a right form? What could be the reason because waypoints are right and they "wake up" for a short time after rine/rines attack the hive and they get out of the hive nicely. But after they die and spawn they are in a squad instantly.

We have the newest version of rcbot dll.
Cheeseh
sorry there seems to be a bug with the aliens forming squads if they are skulks/fades/lerks

ive fixed it in the code, ill upload soon
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Hokay...that was a salvation to me biggrin.gif
Cheeseh
Try downloading it again from the usual location (filebase.bots-united.com) the latest beta dlls.

fixed the squad thing hopefully, why don't yoou test it tongue.gif
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Updated the dll to the server this morning. Now I'm at work, but I will test it first thing after I get home cool.gif

PS: this post is written 9am OUR local time wink.gif
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Yea!

Everythings works perfectly. Played that co_daimos for about 10mins and no squads on the alien side ^_____________________________^

Thx alot Cheeseh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.