Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Natural Selection with Offline Lan?..
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Unrelated
RR99i
sad.gif This really get's me down. I remember when I was using NS 3.0. If I can remember correctly, you could play the game offline with bots. But with 3.1, it's not possible. I know it's not RCBot causing this. I uninstalled, then reinstalled NS without RCBot, still doesn't work. The team is having some trouble right now. I don't think we'll see a new patch. But it would be fun to play NS offline. If anyone knows a work around, please tell.
Cheeseh
what do you mean? You can't get into a lan game? Or the bot isn't working, --- but from what I read you say you uninstalled it?
RR99i
When I try to start a game, it will start loading the game. But then it'll take me back to the main menu. I've tryed uninstalling, then reinstalling NS. I know it's not RBBot that is causing this, it's NS. I have everything installed right. The only way to play the game in offline mode, is to be connected to the internet. Atleast one PC has to be connected to the internet to play a LAN game. I would like to have both PC not connected to the internet, and Steam still in Offline Mode.

I have dial-up, it's my only ok option to the internet. Steam doesn't use Proxy, so I'm out of luck.
link2002
QUOTE (RR99i @ Jun 14 2006, 05:07 PM)
When I try to start a game, it will start loading the game. But then it'll take me back to the main menu. I've tryed uninstalling, then reinstalling NS. I know it's not RBBot that is causing this, it's NS. I have everything installed right. The only way to play the game in offline mode, is to be connected to the internet. Atleast one PC has to be connected to the internet to play a LAN game. I would like to have both PC not connected to the internet, and Steam still in Offline Mode.

I have dial-up, it's my only ok option to the internet. Steam doesn't use Proxy, so I'm out of luck.

try sv_lan 1 before creating one server or look for it at your listenserver.cfg
RR99i
QUOTE (link2002 @ Jun 14 2006, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (RR99i @ Jun 14 2006, 05:07 PM)
When I try to start a game, it will start loading the game.  But then it'll take me back to the main menu.  I've tryed uninstalling, then reinstalling NS.  I know it's not RBBot that is causing this, it's NS.  I have everything installed right.  The only way to play the game in offline mode, is to be connected to the internet.  Atleast one PC has to be connected to the internet to play a LAN game.  I would like to have both PC not connected to the internet, and Steam still in Offline Mode.

I have dial-up, it's my only ok option to the internet.  Steam doesn't use Proxy, so I'm out of luck.

try sv_lan 1 before creating one server or look for it at your listenserver.cfg

Thanks so much link2002!!! biggrin.gif It's working great, everything is just great!

Keep up the good work, Cheeseh. The bots are doing good. The just need a little more work. Maybe have the bots be a Commander. I think I saw that in a post on the forum.
RR99i
smile.gif I just wanted to thank link2002 so much for the help. You made my brother and I very happy. I was afraid I wouldn't no where to go to find the help.
link2002
QUOTE (RR99i @ Jun 17 2006, 12:34 AM)
smile.gif I just wanted to thank link2002 so much for the help. You made my brother and I very happy. I was afraid I wouldn't no where to go to find the help.

You are welcome smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.