Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
blitsie
I am trying to get rcbot running but when I type rcbot addbot I get an unknown command (whatever it is) I checked the FAQ and tryd but still nothing, can anyone please help me
Oelmen
I'm having the exact same problem. Says Unknown command when I type "rcbot_addbot". I've done everything the installation guide topic said. I'm playing NS, dunno if it depends from it... Please help. sad.gif
Cheeseh
it means the bot isn't "installed" Properly, the liblist.gam file must point to the BOT dll (only ONE gamedll line -- i.e. gamedll ../rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll) or point to the metamod dll and in the metamod plugins.ini file, the link to the bot dll file ../rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll

if you have that then obviosly ..rcbot/dlls/<dll name> doean't exist and youve put the bo in the wrong folder, it must be in half-life/rcbot/dlls/<dll name>

Oelmen
Still doesn't work, but because I'm not a good explainer of problems, I'm gonna post a screenie from my setups so you can see what is wrong. I'm playing Natural-Selection version 3.1. These bots should be working with it.

user posted image
Here are the facts.

Hope this helps you. wink.gif
Cheeseh
you have TWO gamedll lines, you should only have ONE as I said above, i.e. only rcbot (comment out ns.dll one)
Oelmen
Alright, thank you. Seems to be working fine. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.