Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCBot with Whichbot 1.04
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Hi all!

I tested and tested and rip almost every hair from my head..no it hasnt anything to do with amxx plugins or the configs...

What I mean eh? WB + RCBot = crash every 30min-4h, rcbot alone = crash every 4h-32h, Whicbot alone = crashes occur VERY seldom.

Venom compiled me the latest rcbot_mm.dll with debug(?) and the size is 1.2MB. So I have the very latest RCBot running but I am 90% sure that the RCBot crashes my server. Yes...it is still beta but I would really hope that it could crash only twice a day wink.gif

I have seen an RCBot error message that says something what I can't remember now and it isn't in the hlds log. But it said Fatal error and I assume it had something to do with whicbots...rcbot somehow doesn't understand other bots?

Is this a common problem?

I can reproduce the error message if needed.

EDIT: I deleted the bots megahal files and waypoint visibility files and I got 6,5h uptime without crash (until one map crashed the server...I had accidentaly an old file sad.gif ). Before I wait another 6h could the problem be with the _hal files?...

EDIT2: No...that didn't help...
tomes
i dont have problems with these two bots. try this: http://rapidshare.com/files/10766823/boty.rar.html
Cheeseh
QUOTE(tomes @ Jan 14 2007, 02:42 PM) *

i dont have problems with these two bots. try this: http://rapidshare.com/files/10766823/boty.rar.html

disable megahal altogether, deleting brains won't do anything

rcbot config chatting 0
rcbot config chat_dont_learn 1
rcbot config chat_percent 0

there is also an rcbot_crashlog.txt or at least there shouyld be in your ns/ or hl folder, read it if there is an error to see if its rcbot
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
QUOTE(tomes @ Jan 14 2007, 02:42 PM) *

Thanks for the package! I will test it smile.gif

And thanks to Cheeseh again. I don't have the chatting enabled but it makes those files...just in case? biggrin.gif

I will return with news how does it run now.
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Hmmm... The metamod debug version works best. That package you sent link here had only the latest files from the rcbot webpage and it gave crashes every 10min biggrin.gif

And nothing in the rcbot crashlog...

I think I just have to live with it. I have only 10 amxx plugins running + rcbot, whichbot, steambans, don't stand on hive -metamod plugins and have a 2.8Ghz P4HT + 1GB RAM to run them so I have enough power on my computer. I even run the hlds as a service via FireDaemon and fps_max and sys_ticrate are 250.

Do people run the latest 1.04 whichbot with rcbot then? The whichbot got an big update about 3 weeks ago.
LordSkitch
if i could get my gameserver to be able to debug the crashes as well as continue a new game, id be debugging them more, but i can either debug it, or run a server, so i have to bypass the debugging and just run the server. every now and then cheeseh will send me a new dll and we'll test and debug it, but aside from that RCBot doesn't get much debugging done.
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
So I should only stick with the latest source code build without debug.

At the moment I have wb:s only in combat and classic maps have rc marines and aliens. Classic maps run fine and no crashes occur...until next map is combat and it crashes most probably after 10 minutes sad.gif
LordSkitch
are you running windows or linux?
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Windows and I'm REALLY in the mood to change to linux...if someone could compile the latest source for me... smile.gif

Here is the error message I get:

[RCBOT>] warning: GetClientRep<>: Bad pClient received <NULL> (returning default)
Cheeseh
put rcbot_mm.dll as the first file listed in plugins.ini if not already
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 15 2007, 10:22 PM) *

put rcbot_mm.dll as the first file listed in plugins.ini if not already

hmm..I had it as third

1. amxx
2. whichbot
3. rcbot

Could there really be a difference? But I will test it smile.gif
LordSkitch
http://www.joesucks.net/files/rcbot/rcbot_mm.dll

theres a link to the compile im using at the moment. it might work for you
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
QUOTE(LordSkitch @ Jan 16 2007, 08:35 AM) *

http://www.joesucks.net/files/rcbot/rcbot_mm.dll

theres a link to the compile im using at the moment. it might work for you

First: to put the rcbot dll first on the list did not help..

Second: Thanks Skitch! I will test it smile.gif

And Third: Thanks you all for your patience!

EDIT1: With your build I also get this error message to the console (not into the rcbot log):
CODE

[RCBOT>] warning: GetClientRep<>: Bad pClient received <NULL> (returning default)

What does it mean?
Cheeseh
its not an error its a warning, it happens because the bot does not pick up some clients (or whichbots) entering the game. Thats why I assumed putting rcbot at the top of the plugins.ini list would help as it should have more priority in receiving function calls from engine
tomes
' date='Jan 15 2007, 07:44 AM' post='6722']
Hmmm... The metamod debug version works best. That package you sent link here had only the latest files from the rcbot webpage and it gave crashes every 10min biggrin.gif

And nothing in the rcbot crashlog...

I think I just have to live with it. I have only 10 amxx plugins running + rcbot, whichbot, steambans, don't stand on hive -metamod plugins and have a 2.8Ghz P4HT + 1GB RAM to run them so I have enough power on my computer. I even run the hlds as a service via FireDaemon and fps_max and sys_ticrate are 250.

Do people run the latest 1.04 whichbot with rcbot then? The whichbot got an big update about 3 weeks ago.

strange... im using this package without any crashes.
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Strange truely smile.gif

Now I did these four things and ran combat only for 6 hours without crash

1) Added Lord Skitch rcbot_mm.dll
2) Installed Whichbot 1.05 (released yesterday)
3) Shut down the HLSW
4) I had in rcbot combat mapconfigs this code:

CODE

config max_bots 4
config min_bots 4
wb add
wb add
wb add
wb add
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 1

now it is:

CODE

config max_bots 4
config min_bots 4
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 1

and in classic maps:

CODE

config max_bots 8
config min_bots 8
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 2
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 2
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 2
rcbot addbot 1
rcbot addbot 2

I put the wb add lines now to the end of the server.cfg and deleted all the whichbot waypoints of maps where I don't want to use whichbot (classic maps).

Cheeseh:
The warning comes when the game is on. It doesnt occur when the bots are joining the game..

---

At the moment it looks much better. I did what shouldn't be done while finding the error...I did too many alterations. But I only made those four so it could be one of them or the combination. smile.gif But I will report did it help. I had co_combatforts_b2 with 4 wb:s, 4rc:s and 18 human players and no crash during the 44min session. That is a pretty good stability test...MAYBE
Cheeseh
' date='Jan 16 2007, 07:07 PM' post='6740']
The warning comes when the game is on. It doesnt occur when the bots are joining the game..

I know but what I said is what causes it, not what/when it happens, its still cause by whichbots not being picked up and stored when they join the game
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 16 2007, 07:17 PM) *

I know but what I said is what causes it, not what/when it happens, its still cause by whichbots not being picked up and stored when they join the game

Ah OK. I understood wrong...well english is not my mother tongue tongue.gif

Server seems to run much more stable than before. Thanks you all for the help!
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Yay!

The server runs much much better now. The uptime between crashes is now 5-11h so it is much better than in the worst days....crashes every 10-30mins :/

There is still one problem...

now that I have wb add -lines in the server.cfg the aliens join correctly before any other. But now that I have rcot addbot 1 -lines in the mapconfig file, there comes a problem. When some human player joins marines before rcbot is in the readyroom, the rcbot joins the aliens because it can't join the marines (less players on the alien team).

How do I disable the rcbot to join aliens and REALLY force it to join the marines = make it wait in the readyroom to get to the team it was told to join? In bot profile the 'favourite team 1' does not help.
Venom
Linux uptime with both RCbot and Whichbot is up to 48+hours.

So tbh, i think its the operating system rather than the bots as it seems to be crashing alot.

Memory might be the issue as well, if you got cheap memory, programs can corrupt over time.

Its not your plugins, its not Whichbot, it cannot be RCbot as i am running the Linux version of the same code, so its got to be down to the Operating system or the Hardware sad.gif

I could be completly wrong, but we have tested almost everything without much luck of 100% stable.
Cheeseh
' date='Jan 18 2007, 05:41 PM' post='6744']
How do I disable the rcbot to join aliens and REALLY force it to join the marines = make it wait in the readyroom to get to the team it was told to join? In bot profile the 'favourite team 1' does not help.

with all that stuff tried also "rcbot config balance_teams 0"???
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
CODE

config commanding 0
config wait_for_orders 1
config dont_shoot 0
config chatting 0
config real_mode 0
# config max_bots 8
# config min_bots 8
config gorge_amount 0.2
config update_ladder_time 0.2
# config update_ladder_time 0.0
config wall_stick_tolerance 5.0
config tooltips 0
config disable_bot_squads 1
config disable_all_squads 1
# max path revs: The number of times the bot checks
# to find a path from a waypoint to another. Doing
# this is CPU intensive so it is spread out across
# a number of ticks. The amount of checks made is
# the amount of <revs>. The higher <revs> is then
# the quicker a bot will find a path but the more CPU will be used.
# default = 100
config max_path_revs 100
# Update vision revs: The number of entities to be processed
# every time the bot updates its visibles. Keep this low if
# you have a slower CPU. Default = 160
config max_update_vision_revs 160
# update_vision_time: The time for this bot to update a number of entities
# in the game to add to their visible list.
# Increasing this will increase bots reaction time
# default = 0.07
config update_vision_time 0.07
# reserve bot slots
config reserve_bot_slots 0
# bots old chat chance
config chat_percent 0
# bots reply chat chance using megahal
config chat_reply_percent 0
# keep bots learning their chatting skills
config chat_dont_learn 1
# bots try to balance teams
config balance_teams 0
# dont build ip at NS start
config marine_auto_build 1
# reply to bots too
config chat_reply_to_bots 0
# allow bot cam (may run slightly slower)
config allow_botcam 0
# testing
config bots_wait_for_bots 0
config blinking 0
config wait_at_res 0
config u_healing 0.6
config u_hive 1.0
config u_restower 0.8
config u_structure 0.6
config u_refill 1.0

And a short answer: yes it is 0 smile.gif
LordSkitch
it's actually caused freakin everything. every single plugin can conflict with another plugin, or NS itself. and NS alone isnt very stable. sometimes with the exact same files, it'll stay up on my server for like 72 hours straight. then itll crash 6 times inside of 2 hours.

i wrote my own server restarting plugin because serverdoc was pissing me off, and it SHOULD give me access to debugging (under certain conditions at least) so hopefully i can start finding bugs in the rcbot code again... if they're the reason the server crashed at that point in time.

often times the crashes are traced back to ns.dll and not rcbot_mm.dll, and without the code for the game (hah!) i'll never be able to debug that. even less often it's traced back to hlds.exe and for some reason i don't think they'll ever make that code open source.
IHQ-Reima[DWMH]
Yesterday I switched to Linux

Thanks alot LordSkitch for the RCBot Linux build, you are my hero! biggrin.gif I'm pretty sure my problems should be over now with hlds...
LordSkitch
i just made it a .so file, cheeseh's the one who did all the work making it compileable on linux tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.