Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keep doing nothing...
RCBot Forums > RCBot > Install / Run Problems
Mr. Zero
I have install everthing from the manual/readme. I have look very close and checked everthing. But still it do nothing.

I try to create a server and it does nothing... If I say random map it crashes...
So what are my problem?

Thank you smile.gif
Cheeseh
QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Jan 22 2007, 05:22 AM) *

I have install everthing from the manual/readme. I have look very close and checked everthing. But still it do nothing.

I try to create a server and it does nothing... If I say random map it crashes...
So what are my problem?

Thank you smile.gif

I'm guessing you have not put the bot into the correct folder. rcbot should be installed in half-life/rcbot, and NOT half-life/ns/rcbot or half-life/svencoop/addons/rcbot etc also liblist.gam should be pointing to the parent directory i.e. ../rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll which searches for the dll in half-life/rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll.

If you are using other Steam mods for e.g. DMC or TFC put the rcbot folder into 'deathmatch classic/rcbot' or 'team fortress classic/rcbot' so the rcbot.dll will be found in 'deathmatch classic/rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll' or 'team fortress classic/rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll'

If using metamod it should not crash unless you did not install metamod properly
Mr. Zero
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 22 2007, 06:25 PM) *

I'm guessing you have not put the bot into the correct folder. rcbot should be installed in half-life/rcbot, and NOT half-life/ns/rcbot or half-life/svencoop/addons/rcbot etc also liblist.gam should be pointing to the parent directory i.e. ../rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll which searches for the dll in half-life/rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll.

If you are using other Steam mods for e.g. DMC or TFC put the rcbot folder into 'deathmatch classic/rcbot' or 'team fortress classic/rcbot' so the rcbot.dll will be found in 'deathmatch classic/rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll' or 'team fortress classic/rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll'

If using metamod it should not crash unless you did not install metamod properly

I have put is like this:

C:\Programmer\Steam\steamapps\<My Email>\half-life\rcbot

And my liblist.gam;
CODE
////////////////////////////
// Natural Selection      //
//   by Charlie Cleveland //
////////////////////////////
game "Natural Selection"
// developer "Unknown World's Entertainment" // Tag Currently broken
url_info "http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/"
url_dl "http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/view?action=files"
icon "ns"
version "v3.1"
size "165000000"
svonly "0"
secure "0"
cldll "cl_dlls\client.dll"
hlversion "1110"
// How to allow training but disable "New game"?
type "multiplayer_only"
// Don't show models in browser
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
// Only show NS-compliant maps
mpentity "info_mapinfo"
// Using HPB_bot support for now
//hamedll "dlls\ns.dll"
//hamedll_linux "dlls/ns_i386.so"
gamedll "rcbot\dlls\rcbot.dll"

// Training map
//trainmap "ns_training"

LordSkitch
gamedll "../rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll"

try that.
Mr. Zero
QUOTE(LordSkitch @ Jan 23 2007, 06:25 AM) *

gamedll "../rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll"
try that.

Thanks that works! smile.gif

But it seems like my marine bots don't know how to build? huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.