Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no Gravity Gun for bot ?
RCBot Forums > RCBot 2 for HL2 > Source
Salvax
bot can't hold a gravity gun even the bot profile is edited : weapon = weapon_physcannon

lost weapon code in some files of the source? blink.gif

i am doing some thing on checkstuck part of the codes in bot.cpp, trying if bot can use gravity gun to push the objects away, but i find bot can't even hold a gravity gun...*faint*
Cheeseh
QUOTE(Salvax @ Feb 23 2007, 04:35 AM) *

bot can't hold a gravity gun even the bot profile is edited : weapon = weapon_physcannon

lost weapon code in some files of the source? blink.gif

i am doing some thing on checkstuck part of the codes in bot.cpp, trying if bot can use gravity gun to push the objects away, but i find bot can't even hold a gravity gun...*faint*

Physcannon was removed, see HLDMBot :: modthink

CODE

void CHLDMBot :: modThink ()
{
    // dont use physcannon for now... switch to pistol <-----------------------
    if ( m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName() && *(m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName()) )
    {
        if ( !strcmp("weapon_physcannon",m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName()) ) //<---------------------
        {            
            m_pController->SetActiveWeapon("weapon_pistol");    // <--------------------- overrides physcannon
        }
        else if ( !FStrEq(m_pProfile->getWeapon(),"default") && !FStrEq(m_pProfile->getWeapon(),m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName()))
        {
            m_pController->SetActiveWeapon(m_pProfile->getWeapon());
        }
    }
}
Salvax
so...no matter what i do, gravity gun will be replaced ?! *faint* ...sad.gif can i enable it ?

modify the code like this ?

void CHLDMBot :: modThink ()
{
// dont use physcannon for now... switch to pistol <-----------------------
if ( m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName() && *(m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName()) )
{
if ( !FStrEq(m_pProfile->getWeapon(),"default") && !FStrEq(m_pProfile->getWeapon(),m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName()))
{
m_pController->SetActiveWeapon(m_pProfile->getWeapon());
}
}
}

PS:TESTed , worked !!! THX !

PS2:wait... bots won't pickup guns... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif need ur help !

PS3:finally i find out , if we have gravity gun in hands, we won't automatically switch to the gun we just picked up. *faint*
Salvax
now, bot can have gravity gun in hands, (deleted part of the codes as i said and set bot profile: weapon = default)

now there is a big problem, there is no defined key in in_buttons.h for PHYS_SWAP, and the PHYS_SWAP is a console command, so we can't use bot button thing but let bot use console command sad.gif

and i tried to do this : i thought bot wouldl switch to SMG when he is spawned in map, but in vain... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

- bot.cpp -

bool CBot :: createBotFromEdict(edict_t *pEdict, CBotProfile *pProfile)
{
char szModel[128];

init();
setEdict(pEdict);
setup();
m_fTimeCreated = engine->Time();

/////////////////////////////

m_pProfile = pProfile;

engine->SetFakeClientConVarValue(pEdict,"cl_team","default");
// engine->SetFakeClientConVarValue(pEdict,"cl_defaultweapon","pistol"); //salvax
engine->SetFakeClientConVarValue(pEdict,"cl_autowepswitch","1");
engine->SetFakeClientConVarValue(pEdict,"phys_swap","1"); //salvax
if ( m_pPlayerInfo && (pProfile->getTeam() != -1) )
m_pPlayerInfo->ChangeTeam(pProfile->getTeam());

NEED HELP , Captain !
Cheeseh
you sould only hange to the gravity gun using:

---------

m_pController->SetActiveWeapon("weapon_physcannon");

-----

and change back to another weapon by using :

-----
m_pController->SetActiveWeapon("weapon_pistol"); // or any other waepon name

-----

I don't exactly know why you need to use "phys_swap"
Salvax
"phys_swap" is for switching back to a weapon the bot was holding, and SetActiveWeapon won't switch back, but only give bot a static gun.

this is the sample code for bot to push and pull objects, plz check. seems m_pController->SetActiveWeapon can't be used here directly ?

- bot.cpp -

void CBot :: checkStuck ()
{
static float fTime;

fTime = engine->Time();

if ( m_fLastWaypointVisible == 0 )
{
m_bFailNextMove = false;

if ( !hasSomeConditions(CONDITION_SEE_WAYPOINT) )
m_fLastWaypointVisible = fTime;
}
else
{
if ( hasSomeConditions(CONDITION_SEE_WAYPOINT) )
m_fLastWaypointVisible = 0;
else
{
if ( (m_fLastWaypointVisible + 2.0) < fTime )
{
m_fLastWaypointVisible = 0;
m_bFailNextMove = true;
}
}
}

if ( m_fCheckStuckTime > fTime )
return;

float fVelocity = m_vVelocity.Length2D();
float fIdealSpeed = m_fIdealMoveSpeed;

if ( m_pButtons->holdingButton(IN_DUCK) )
fIdealSpeed /= 2;
if ( fIdealSpeed == 0 )
return; // not stuck
float fPercentMoved = fVelocity/fIdealSpeed;

if ( fPercentMoved < 0.1 )
{
m_pButtons->jump();
m_pButtons->duck(0.25f,0.25f);
m_pController->SetActiveWeapon("weapon_physcannon"); // switch to Gravity Gun by salvax , but how to make this work ? encountered error !!!
m_pButtons->attack() //bot use gravity gun to push by salvax
m_pButtons->attack2() //bot use gravity gun to pull by salvax

m_fCheckStuckTime = fTime + 4.0f;
m_pController->SetActiveWeapon(m_pProfile->getWeapon()); //switch back to the weapon in bot profile by salvax, still have error here!!
}

PS : how to let a bot holding a gravity gun switch to the gun he just picked up ? This problem really hurts my head sad.gif
PS2: how to let bot have specified weapon in bot profile and also the bot can pick up weapons ? This is very important, without this function , i can't continue. THX A LOT !
PS3:
i add [void CHLDMBot :: modThink2 ()] into bot_hldm_bot.cpp for switching to gravity gun as i said above in the codes and add [modThink2 ();] into bot_hldm_bot.h under [class CHLDMBot : public CBot]

if i wanna use modThink2(), what should i type? neither CHLDMBot->modThink2(); or m_pBot->modThink2(); works. sad.gif
Cheeseh
why do you need a modthink2 ?? Just use the one function.

what error are you getting ???

anyway...
CODE

m_pController->SetActiveWeapon("weapon_physcannon"); // switch to Gravity Gun by salvax , but how to make this work ? encountered error !!!
m_pButtons->attack() //bot use gravity gun to push by salvax
m_pButtons->attack2() //bot use gravity gun to pull by salvax
m_fCheckStuckTime = fTime + 4.0f;
m_pController->SetActiveWeapon(m_pProfile->getWeapon()); //switch back to the weapon in bot profile by salvax, still have error here!!

This won't work anyway. These sort of things only update at the end of each frame, you need to understand game programming in particular the half-life game engine. You need to SetActiveWeapon() to the weapon you want when you want it, then use it, which may take a couple of frames or a few seconds, then switch back to the weapon using m_pController->SetActiveWeapon(m_pProfile->getWeapon());

The half-life engine handles time as a consitently increasing float number, it increases by 1.0 every second. You can make a timer, by storing a variable accessabile by the bot a both start and end of the timer, such as in CBot, call it float m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer, and initialise to zero. This floating point number can be used to represent the end time you want the bot to switch back to the previous weapon by using "if (m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer && (engine->Time() > m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer))" and starting the timer by setting "m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer = engine->Time() + 2.0f;" this makes the if statement true when two seconds pass from the current time when it is given that value. This "if statement" can be checked everytime in ModThink or Think. Then after switching the weapon back to normal set "m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer = 0.0f;" The timer value can also be checked if the time is when before switching the weapons.

You can find out what the previous weapon was by using "m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName()" as shown in the HLDMBot::modthink code. You can store a const char* m_szPrevWeaponName, for example, and store this, and then go back to it using SetActiveWeapon on m_szPrevWeaponName.

//::Init
///////////
m_szPreviousWeapon = NULL;
m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer = 0.0f;

// changing weapon
////////////
m_szPreviousWeapon = m_pPlayerInfo->GetWeaponName();
m_pController->SetActiveWeapon("weapon_physcannon");
m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer = engine->Time + 2.0f;
////////////

// Think or modthink (in hldmbot)
////////////
if (m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer && (engine->Time() > m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer)) // timer end
{
m_pController->SetActiveWeapon(m_szPreviousWeapon);
m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer = 0.0f;
}
else if ( m_flGravityGunSwitchTimer ) // between timer
{
if ( RandomInt(1,100) < 10 )
PrimaryAttack();
}
////////////

You can figure this kind of thing out automatically if you have experience with the engine and C++ programming. This posted code is pure example only, and may require some thinking to get it working together into the program.
Salvax
awesome! Thx a lot, Captain ! I would like to take some more time to explore !

hmmm, i'm gonna take exams next few days later, so...i have to focus myself on my study. I just added some simple codes:

___feb 25th 2007___
added: bot can randomly switch weapon (weapon picked up, pistol, grenade and SMG. and Be SURE in bot profile, weapon = default ).

improved: bot can sprint randomly (not ONLY attacking or under attack).

_____OLD LOG ______
added: bot can sprint.
added: bot can have secondary attack mode (SMG Grenade, AR2 Ball, Shotgun, S.L.A.M, Grenade).

You can download the latest modified source code and test only [HPB_bot2.dll] here:

rcbot2_test_only_feb25.rar (test map included)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tyxlae

modified_rcbot2src_base_feb25.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vodflz

You can also search "salvax" to check the modified source code. Thank You Again, Captain Cheeseh !!! smile.gif
SuperHebbe
Hi again

Can you fix so that the BOTs don't fire the ALT-weapon when they do not have ammo... Got a lot of *clicking* BOTs flying around laugh.gif

PS! Too bad I only knows C and not C++ unsure.gif
Cheeseh
Its impossible to find out how much ammo they have, primar yor secondary ammo is impossible to retrieve through Valves plugin API, which is why I'm waiting on Valve to fix before taking this project more seriously.
Salvax
life is waiting. When will Valve fix this ?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.