Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converted Waypoints for RCbot-AngelScript
RCBot Forums > Waypoints > Svencoop 5 Angelscript .rcwa
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cheeseh
QUOTE(madmax2 @ Feb 8 2019, 08:19 AM) *

Added Updated Last Stand waypoints, original waypoints by Mard... (4 maps)

I will post some details tomorrow ...

smile.gif cool

I added some new commands

CODE

waypoint_cut
waypoint_copy
waypoint_paste
waypoint_move1
waypoint_move2

cut/copy/paste just remembers the waypoints flags
waypoint move1 / move2 will move the waypoint to a new location. Use move1 to select a waypoint first, and move2 to place it to the new location

madmax2
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 9 2019, 09:20 AM) *

smile.gif cool

I added some new commands
CODE

waypoint_cut
waypoint_copy
waypoint_paste
waypoint_move1
waypoint_move2

cut/copy/paste just remembers the waypoints flags
waypoint move1 / move2 will move the waypoint to a new location. Use move1 to select a waypoint first, and move2 to place it to the new location

Excellent, I will use this a lot... biggrin.gif

After playing through the whole Last series, I may need to do a bit more tweaking on some waypoints. Bots do good for most areas, just some things could be better. Last4 is good, just looking at 1, 2, & 3 now...

Generally, for most all waypoints, I did a lot of path edits and removed some waypoints, there is more that could be done. And the new move commands will be great for fixing/improving waypoints like this. Also, removed a number of important givetypes, mostly on door buttons. Added some Unreachable wpts. Since the maps are survival now, most of the ammo has been removed or moved, some health/batteries changed too. While I fixed some of these locations, I left some unused ammo locations to keep bots going there. Bots do fine this way, but I may remove more & see how the do?

Outline Details of the major fixes/additions... Got a bit long winded... blink.gif

Last4: Fixed all ladders so bots go up them well, get the RPG, bots will occasionally call a airstrike. Waypointed the new tower, so bots can go to the top & snipe/RPG the enemies below, then return tho the main area.

Last3: Has the most wpt/path/ammo/health/armor/weapon edits, more could be done. There are 2 shortcut doors in this map that don't work by the use key, player must push against the panel to open the doors. I fixed this by putting a path through the panel to an important wpt, bots will open these doors at random, they can use the shortcuts once open.

I don't have a checkground on the bridge atm, I may add that back on, still testing that area. I tried to improve the wpts at the rotating machine with platform wpts, but couldn't get it working better than what Mard had there, I did add an extra wpt there that helps a little. Bots do fairly well there as is, at least 50% success...

The next area with the impact machine & HT into the vent was completely reworked due to a map change there. Bots can go in the vent & turn the machine on then come back out the vent, but they are a little slow at it, and they have a little trouble at the HT/vent ladder, but no permanent jam. I originally was going to leave this vent for players only, I'm still testing it and may change it again?

Fixed it so bots can activate the laser & get the crystal, but they may not get the crystal the first time, which is ok..

Reworked the last ladder so bots can jump up to ladder and into vent, it may take a couple attempts...

Last2: A number of changes/additions on this one too. The biggest changes are in the center & end of the map. I removed the armor givetype at the HEV charger in the 2nd half of the map, as they seem to multi-path & use some shortcuts much better without it. Bots can grapple into the elevator shaft & climb the cables to the top. Bots can grapple up to the generator controls, turn the generator off then jump back down, or use the shortcut door there when open. Turning off the generator usually is not fast. Bots would open the generator shortcut door, but they may of quit doing that when I got them using the other shortcut to the boss room more.

Bots can jump across electrified floor and open the shortcut door, but they may not open the shortcut door until all the enemies are killed. There is a grapple wpt there too, but they only use the jump path atm. I have some ideas to improve this whole center area, so may update this wpt again. Fixed the last ladder in vent so bots don't get stuck there, and bots will go both ways in vent now. Some tweaks in the boss room and to end of map. Bots can end the map, but there is plenty of time for a player to end it too...

Last1: Reworked some pathing in the 1st area, around the "tent/radio", and added a path over the tent (just for fun)... some tweaking here & there, and at the teleporter controls. At the next area, changed the HT at the wood plank to a jump wpt, single bots can now jump up, go over the top and open the door there, unassisted. Reworked the paths/wpts in this room so a crate doesn't block that door and bots won't spawn into the crate, haven't seen either for a while now, so hopefully it's fixed.

The barney wpts there is currently not used by otis, I encountered a possible bug here and will post on that soon... For now, I added some wait & staynear givetypes there so bots protect otis from the 1st pit drone, that was killing him a lot, it seems to work most of the time. Right now, otis likely won't open the weapons room without player help, but may open the 1st 2 security doors if he survives. Fixed the ladder room to get the uzi, but bots won't use the uzi much? Bots can end this map, but there should be time for players too...

For The first 3 maps, bots probably would work better if scripted, but I do like some random behavior in the bots too, as it gives the players time to figure out the map and do things. So I would need to think about that?

madmax2
Cheeseh, the new move1/move2 commands work great, I've used it several times now on Last Series maps. I've used it at a HT, at doors, at ladders, in vents, at ammo boxes, and to adjust for better navigation in difficult places, etc. I think this is one of the most useful commands, thank-you... smile.gif

For desertcircle, your idea to set the z low is working good, so bots won't get stuck at a flag now. I put the z settings at one unit from the bottom.

=============================
Updated Last 1 & 3 rcwa's

Last - Improved the navigation around the tent/radio and other areas of map with the move commands. Bots run around & under tent without getting caught on the poles. Bots shouldn't get stuck behind those double doors for long, if ever. Bots protect otis from 1st pit drone better, I think?

Last3 - Improved Human Tower & vent area. Bots will open & use shortcuts faster now. Bots likely won't get grenades, removed the weapon givetype there, this was one of the reasons bots were not using some shortcuts. Some adjustments to ammo wpts and for navigation...

Updated Desertcircle rcwa + script

desertcircle.rcwa - Ladder improvements at 2nd flag. 1st & 3rd flags have been reworked for different approach, so hopefully those flags won't stick to often. Two more important wpts to encourage bots to use the middle & reverse routes to the fort after the last flag is captured (bots also run the outer perimeter route).

desertcircle.ini - new & improved script

Bots won't get stuck at a flag now, trying to raise a stuck flag that has already been captured.

If a bot is killed while raising a flag, bots will bypass this flag and continue to next goal, and will return to this flag when it reaches the bottom of the pole (they cannot capture the next flag, they will die trying, so will respawn before this flag).

If the flag gets stuck anywhere above the bottom, then bots will continue to bypass this flag, until a player truly captures the flag, indicated by the music playing. At that point bots will be able to capture the next flag, and so on...

2 non-entity scripted wpts added so bots will use middle & reverse routes after all flags are captured

I'm still testing these wpts, and may update them again? I think they are better than the previous wpts & script... Trying a few things for Last2, but after that i'll work on some other wpts. I think these are good enough. rolleyes.gif
Cheeseh
thanks madmax , I will try to update the bot with these and have a look for that barney waypoint bug -- still haven't got around to doing it but on my list of things to do. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
madmax2
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 18 2019, 05:32 AM) *

thanks madmax , I will try to update the bot with these and have a look for that barney waypoint bug -- still haven't got around to doing it but on my list of things to do. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

No problem, I've been bogged down in these LAST wpts. Need to get them done & move on wink.gif ... That barney bug is weird, and may only happen when barney wpts are after a teleport wpt or button. It may be specific to this map only, not sure?

It looks like i'll be updating Last3 again! That darn Human Tower was messing up again blink.gif . So removed the crouch on the top wpt after the HT, and both down paths from it, its a basic HT config now with no extra givetypes, and the lead-up wpt squeezed in tight to the HT. This seems to work the best. Tweaking a few other things, hopefully will upload it tonite? rolleyes.gif
Cheeseh
QUOTE(madmax2 @ Feb 18 2019, 11:44 PM) *

No problem, I've been bogged down in these LAST wpts. Need to get them done & move on wink.gif ... That barney bug is weird, and may only happen when barney wpts are after a teleport wpt or button. It may be specific to this map only, not sure?

It looks like i'll be updating Last3 again! That darn Human Tower was messing up again blink.gif . So removed the crouch on the top wpt after the HT, and both down paths from it, its a basic HT config now with no extra givetypes, and the lead-up wpt squeezed in tight to the HT. This seems to work the best. Tweaking a few other things, hopefully will upload it tonite? rolleyes.gif

I will upload when you're done, no worries -- I'll need to improve HT tbh
madmax2
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 19 2019, 01:00 AM) *

I will upload when you're done, no worries -- I'll need to improve HT tbh

Updated Last3 again, seems to be good now rolleyes.gif . Didn't get to Last2 last night... I'll post a few details on Last3 later, after I unscramble my brain LOL... wink.gif

[Edit 2-25-29]
Updated Last2, will post more info later...
madmax2
Finally, think I'm done with these for now... rolleyes.gif

Last2 was updated a couple days ago... most notable changes are:

Bots prefer to jump across the electric floor but will grapple there as well, and they will be more reliable at opening that shortcut door. Beyond that, bots will also open the laser room shortcut door better.

In the last vent past the ladder, bots would sometimes get stuck looking down thru the side of vent (2 places) in the direction of the action below? Not sure why, as the crouch wpts looked fine and spaced close enough? Tried moving them and adding jumps but nothing worked to resolve the problem until I noclipped 2 normal wpts between 2 crouch wpts, kinda high and off to the side with auto-paths I left in (no cleanup to the paths). It looks messy but fixed the problem! They seem to pick up on a normal wpt about the point they would get stuck before.

More improvements in the lift shaft to the barnacle gun. Added an important flag to a wpt near the gun, to stop some confusion the bots were having, due to no important goal available to them until they picked up the barnacle gun.

A few changes in the boss room, to help bots move around the room better and they will use the teleports to the boss room, but not all the time.

Last3 Updates:

There were a number of fixes/improvements on this wpt, but there is one door bots will sometimes stop at and wait for it to close then open again before they go through, half the time they go right though it. It's not a major issue, and i've tried many things to fix it, but I think the door trigger is to close to the door, so i'm done with that.

Today, added a minor fix for jump into vent at the boxes, with 2 fallback wpts added there.

Added the checkground back onto the bridge but with some new jump down paths/wpts to the area below, so they may attack the voltagores or shoot down from above. Other wpt/path changes too...

More work on the HT, it seems good & reliable now. I added a new approach wpt, straightened the approach, jump flagged the top wpt, and removed some extra paths from the top wpt so they are forced into the vent. It's definitely much better now.

Bots will open that next shortcut door before the crystal room reliably (the shortcut to bypass the giant gear machine), if they go past it to the crystal room, they can go back to it and open it, and often do so.

Added openslater back on crystal, bots won't pile up on glass anymore & will activate laser 1st time...

=====================================================================
On both wpts, I used some fake ammo, health, or armor givetypes to get bots moving around rooms or going places or pressing buttons more reliably/better. It works well, but was a lot of trial & error. It may of been easier & faster to of scripted the main goals? So I may try that the next time, these wpts are working good w/o scripts now...

I used the move commands to make some things work better, it solved some problems just realigning wpts. Like the "big" door on Last3, by moving the door wpts closer to the door buttons, bots no longer fail to open that door and it Only took a few seconds to make the change. What's nice about it is, I can now quickly make a change while the bots are running around and see if the change helps before saving it, and it doesn't disrupt the bots current paths.

Anyways, enjoy, these wpts are final for now... wink.gif
Cheeseh
great -- added to git now tongue.gif
madmax2
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 3 2019, 01:45 AM) *

great -- added to git now tongue.gif

Cheers man... biggrin.gif

I've been trying to convert my sc_psyko wpt, but bots seem to be having trouble with the openslater wpts. It's a hub map with 10 doors in the central room and I currently have 13 openslater wpts in it. Bots don't want to go through most doors unless I remove the openslater givetype. I'm trying to re-position them to see if that helps? Might have to make a basic test wpt & see if that changes anything. Think I may need to check the doors & bots with debug, as they will act confused in the central room until I remove an openslater.

Got them making the lava & slime jumps/areas, also the ice area, and partly the cloud & sun areas. Still more work to do though.

I'll do a few more tests on this, but if it continues to be problematic I'll just set it aside for now, and move on to some walkthrough maps I want converted...
madmax2
Converted & updated my sc_royals waypoints. I'm not quite done yet, so these are wip wpts. Though sc_royals 1 3 & 4 are fully waypointed & tested and are very close to final, there could be a few more minor tweaks or additions, like pickups (ammo etc) or unreachable wpts. Most of the broken areas are fixed, so these 3 maps should be fully playable.

sc_royals2 needs more work, but parts have been fixed. Bots can make the cavern jumps and progress as far as the blooders pool. At that point I fixed the jumps across, but it's not nearly as good as the old bots were.

Anyways, there will be at least one more update for some of these... wink.gif
madmax2
Updated sc_royals 1 again.

Fixed a minor issue I induced at the spawn, bots trying to go through the ground (openslater). More work on vents & tunnel, added ammo & armor, re-positioned several wpts for smoother navigation & less sticking/jams. New wpt configuration at end of 1st vent to help bots get past pushable boxes. Players can break the boxes, but bots won't.

New wpts/paths at end of map to make bots less focused on the buttons in the control room and move around the whole area (crane room - important wpt added & wpt adjustments), they are more robust, better action. Removed a wpt in the wall in crane room left over from a old version (wasn't causing any problem tho). Moved the important wpt slightly closer to the plunger so bots will blow the ceiling a little faster at random. It may happen quickly sometimes, a single bot may do it now, but it should take some time for a bot to use the plunger most of the time. I don't want the bots to end the map to fast, so players can have fun in this area of the map.

While this rcwa is much better than the last release, I may need to look at the 1st vent again for bots hanging in there on occasion. I don't think there is any permanent jam in the vent, and I changed the wait_noplayer & vent entrance to minimize any problems. Need to do More testing for that, just ran out of time.
Cheeseh
Thanks ... Will check them out soon hopefully and put them in the git. Still havent implemented auto waypointing. Just improving the auto pathing as u may have noticed before i can start on full auto waypoint system
madmax2
I've updated sc_royals2, but it's probably not final? Bots can now make it to the end of the map (full circle). Bots can grapple and will get the grapple. I know they can make it through the blooders pool when notarget is on, but I am still working on this area and need to compare this wpt to my current wpt. With this wpt bots will wait on the wedge and become easy targets, and 2 bots may end up on the wedge shooting at the blooders, LOL.[edit] Was a different rcwa, not this one, there is no wait wpt on the wedge, oopps. I'm trying to eliminate the wait on the wedge with the current wpt.

With the current wpt, I've done some drastic changes in the blooders pool area, adding & moving wpts. I think it may be better overall at the blooders pool, but not sure? Needs further testing & tweaking... I may update this wpt again in the next few days?

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 18 2019, 01:20 AM) *

Thanks ... Will check them out soon hopefully and put them in the git. Still havent implemented auto waypointing. Just improving the auto pathing as u may have noticed before i can start on full auto waypoint system

Thanks, I can wait for autowaypoint, it's not a high priority for me... I do have another request tho... wink.gif

bots_dont_shoot would be a big help at the blooders pool, if it's not difficult to add? I think the jumps are close now, just hard to be sure whether they are attacking, or missing the jumps?
Cheeseh
added "don't_shoot" command

also tweaked sc_royals 1 slightly at the vent exit - bots were moving too slowly/getting stuck - put them on git
madmax2
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 20 2019, 01:11 PM) *

added "don't_shoot" command

also tweaked sc_royals 1 slightly at the vent exit - bots were moving too slowly/getting stuck - put them on git

Build: 013d60406ba48cc7ca5128a6af7f09c06b2f985e

Thanks, but I can't seem to get the don't_shoot command to work ohmy.gif ? I tried a bunch of variations, with & without ', on specific bot or as a global command, tried as a config command too...

CODE
as_command rcbot.don't_shoot
as_command rcbot.dont_shoot [m00]cow
as_command rcbot.don't_shoot [m00]cow
as_command rcbot.config_don't_shoot
as_command rcbot.bots_don't_shoot

Bunch of others... What should the full command syntax be?

Yeah, as for sc_royals1 vent, I had a complicated wpt config there, trying to get the bots to at least push the double stacked crates to the corner, so they could pass between the crates without pushing them down the hallway. It worked maybe 70% of the time, but not 100%. It did induce a problem with an occasional bot stuck at end of vent (because the path out of vent went to the right & not the left). I thought I had fixed the stuck bot with another wpt/path noclipped in wall/vent there, but perhaps not, i saw a bot standing there today.

The reason I didn't want them to push the boxes down the hallway is sometimes they would get trapped there for a short while, maybe as long as a minute? But most of the time they manage to slip by the boxes plugging the hallway, or they are destroyed by enemy fire. So it's really not a big problem, cause players will just break the crates. So, it was a unnecessary fix, and wasted time...

This does bring up some pushable issues I wanted to ask about... rolleyes.gif

1. does the pushable wpt actually do anything, and should I be adding them into wpts, or removing them from old wpts? bots seem to push without them...

2. I've been seeing bots walking a long time after they contact a pushable, it seems more noticeable with my wpt config at the end of the vent. It may no longer happen with the git wpt, I didn't notice it on 4 tests. With my wpt, there was a pushable wpt in the far corner from the vent that would always be blocked from view when the bots push it there. You removed that wpt from the git wpt. I'm not sure if it is the wpt positioning or just the fact that the pushables are not destroyed as much with my wpt? I do know if the pushables are destroyed, the walking thing stops happening. Any idea what is causing the walking after contacting or seeing a pushable?

3. perhaps, have bots swing their crowbar a few times, if there is no forward progress after 20 or 30 seconds? since pushables are often breakable. Not sure if this is a good idea though, some may be explosive? But I think if a pushable is required to finish a map, it won't be breakable.
Cheeseh
as_command rcbot.dont_shoot 1

seems my phone did some auto correction at a bad moment (the ' character is an invalid character in the console)

pushable waypoint doesn't do anything yet

if the bots path is blocked by a pushable then they hold the USE key.

They don't destroy pushables on purpose yet. The reason was because I wasn't sure if some pushables were useful for humans to reach certain areas etc.
madmax2
as_command rcbot.dont_shoot 1

Ok, I'll try that...

pushable waypoint doesn't do anything yet

if the bots path is blocked by a pushable then they hold the USE key.

Ok, that confirms what I was thinking. I did verify bots do the walking thing with the git wpt w/o a pushable wpt. The pushable is blocking the path and I hear them press use. Perhaps they don't have enough speed when they exit the vent, to get a strong push?

I saw bots stuck in the end of the vent with the git wpt.
IPB Image
I think that is why I had a wpt just outside the end of the vent, to prevent this? This was after the pushable had been moved, but it is still blocking the path. I believe, if there is a wpt outside the end of vent, bots don't execute the pushable code until they exit the vent (touch the wpt just before the pushable)? I'll do more testing in this area, don't want them blocking in or end of vent, I'll see if I can improve it?

The reason was because I wasn't sure if some pushables were useful for humans to reach certain areas etc.

Yep, I'm not certain about that either? I would think a pushable that is needed to progress to end of map should not be breakable? But poor mapping may prove me wrong? Also, breakable pushables could be used to get ammo, health or armor? Seems there is a map where boxes are pushed into water or slime to make a bridge? I don't remember if they are breakable, but they float.
madmax2
Updated sc_royals1 (again) rolleyes.gif

Mostly worked on first vent and pushables area. Added 2 new wpts in vent and adjusted one to prevent a rare pile-up of bots, due to a bot stopping in vent. Seems it helps to have more wpts inside vents, closer together.

Changed the wpt config at the end of vent, hopefully so bots don't stop at the exit and get a good push on the boxes there. Instead of having bots avoid the boxes, I have them pushing the double stacked boxes down the hallway and just go around the other box there. Bots will either push the boxes into the turret room to the right, or towards the m16 locker. Either way the boxes usually get destroyed. If they are pushed towards the m16 locker and don't get destroyed, there is a new openslater wpt there that tells bots the path is blocked and they avoid the boxes now, it works good...

Occasionally, bots will push both boxes and may temporarily plug the hallway, but it has always sorted out on its own, and the boxes are usually destroyed. It may take 2 bots to push both boxes down the hallway.

Also, worked a bit on the last vent for a rare pile-up of bots. Added 2 new wpts in the vent, and moved 3 wpts for smoother movement at the corners.

Tweaked and tested the !@##$$%%^ out of this one, so it better be good... wink.gif

So now I can get back to sc_royals2, and finish it (mainly the blooders pool), then i will be done with this series. smile.gif
Cheeseh
meant to check this out last night. will try to remember tonight
madmax2
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 26 2019, 12:41 AM) *

meant to check this out last night. will try to remember tonight

I hope it works good this time, i think it will? Must of run it 50 times the other day blink.gif ... That vent is touchy, and a bit of a pain. I think that crouch wpt just outside the exit does help keep them from stopping just before they exit. A couple times it looked like they would stop there, but then they seemed to see the wpt there and continue moving. There are a couple other places in that vent bots would stop at before, and appear to be looking off to the side! But I think more wpts fixed it.

Just got back to royals2 today, and I think I'm making good progress at the blooders pool using the dont_shoot command. So maybe a new wpt for that in the next few days... smile.gif
RoboCop
Looks like sc_psyko needs some fixes.
madmax2
QUOTE(RoboCop @ Apr 1 2019, 10:55 AM) *

Looks like sc_psyko needs some fixes.

Hey Robocop, Yeah, sc_psyko has some big problems. I set it aside a month ago to work on royals waypoints. Wow, it's been a month already... Anyways, here is the post that gives some details. wink.gif

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=14981

I was making some progress on it, just got a bit frustrated with the doors. I had an idea on what to do about the openslater wpts on those doors, just haven't got back to it yet...

=====================================================================

I uploaded a updated waypoint for sc_royals2, it's still wip but is much better in the blooders pool area. Bots can make it through the blooders pool fairly well without cheats on. The hardest part for them now is at the wedge jump, but overall they do well, but not perfect... I added a number of new wpts to the area, it's more complicated than the last rcwa, some have been repositioned too. If a bot gets stuck to the side of the ladder, there are new wpts there that help them get up the ladder and not jump back in...

Bots can make the jumps at the caverns better, with a couple small tweaks, but may not open the shortcut as fast?

The main reason this is still a wip is I noticed an old problem was still present. Bots occasionally get stuck near those skulls at the shortcut door to the cavern. I've tried a couple things, but it is still not fixed. I'll post some details later if I can't figure out a solution. If you crouch under a stuck bot, that seems to free it up and it will start moving again...

I probably will add some unreachable wpts & waypoint in the armor at the blooders pool too. Think I'm done with the blooders pool, but may want to tweek the grapple, it's ok as is though? So I hope to be done with this in the next week. Spring is here, so I've had less time for waypoints this month...
madmax2
Doing final testing on sc_royals2 now. Hope to release later today. Several improvements from last release. I believe I have fixed the stuck bots on those skulls, have probably run over 100 bots through the area without one stuck bot on either skull (testing 3 bots per round).

Bots are 99% successful with the grapple 1st attempt, so long as no other bot/player gets in the way. Changes or fixes have been done in most areas of the map, this should be the final update... rolleyes.gif
madmax2
Well, I thought I was going to release sc_royals2 final rcwa today, but ran into a problem sad.gif . I had it working good on my winXP PC, but thought I would speed up testing by running it on my win7 PC too. I had to test the whole wpt like 3 times on win7 to be sure there were not more problems, but it seems to be mainly at the last jump in the cavern area (with breakable stones). Bots were making that jump fairly well on winXP, but on win7 most of the time bots veer off hard right, kinda weird, not sure whats causing it? It's probably not the OS, but the win7 PC is a lot faster. I know the old rcbots had issues with those stones, so I broke some in the area, but no change. Tried moving & deleting a couple wpts, still no change. It is 2 different versions of sven, winXP=sc5.17 & win7=sc5.18, but it seems to be to specific to be the game versions, but not sure? Map bsp's are the same. RCbot builds are the same, 3-20-19.

Anyways, I'll see if I can get it sorted out tomorrow? I really wanted to post it today and be done with it dry.gif .
Cheeseh
If there's anything that could cause issues it could be frame rate.
madmax2
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 12 2019, 08:17 AM) *

If there's anything that could cause issues it could be frame rate.

It does seem to be the speed of the bots. When they land on the last stone, they look like they overrun the landing wpt to the left, so veer right to touch the jump wpt. The stones are not in a straight line, so there is a curving to the right for the bot's path.

I'll spend some time on the straight jump path, but if it won't work, there is another path they can take for the last jump. I made some quick edits last night, it doe's work. Bots do a circle on what was the last stone and jump to another stone, then over to the ledge. Actually it's kinda cool looking tongue.gif ... They are even better this way, maybe too good now, players won't be able to keep up through here, so I may need to cripple the bots a little bit if I go with this loopy thing... biggrin.gif

I have frame rate limited at 60fps or vsync is enabled on the win7 PC, and it is smooth & steady. The old XP PC runs below 60fps and a bit unsteady, I'll have to check it again to see how much lower, but it's not real bad in this area. There may be some lag when first entering the room, will need to check this too. Guess I could try lowering my video/game settings (higher fps) to see if I can duplicate the problem on my old PC, but the hardware difference may be to great?

I would like to know when I make a wpt on the old PC that it will not have to be reworked for a newer PC. Guess for now I'll have to test all wpts on the newer PC, but since I do most of the work on the old PC, I really don't want to do that. Maybe, if I do it earlier in the process I can spot a potential problem? Most of my wpts likely have not been tested on the faster PC, hope those wpts don't have serious problems?

Even though I'm a bit burned out working on this rcwa blink.gif , RCbots are pretty entertaining to watch in SC, i've seen some funny stuff... biggrin.gif

There were a couple other issues I ran into working on this rcwa, I'll post about that later once I have this rcwa done.
madmax2
------------------------------
Updated sc_royals2
------------------------------
I recommend no more than 3 bots for this map, even with 3 bots there can be some temporary jams in some tight areas, nothing permanent that I know of. Just wait it out if it happens. With 2 bots you likely won't see any jam/stuck problems, I did all testing with 3 bots.

---------------
Summary, *see details below, if interested... wink.gif
---------------
*1. New Human Tower and Grapple configuration. It's a dual path setup now. First bot can open the shortcut door now.

*2. Adjusted waypoints for shortcut door to cavern, so bots won't get stuck to the skulls there. Chances are greatly reduced, maybe 2% chance it may happen.

*3. Cavern jumps improved for faster computers. Bots use 2 paths at the last jump, straight or loop... Changed the bridge area for more action and a falling issue...

*4. Better movement & action at the well area. Bots circle the well & double jump to the roof now. Bots usually won't jump right into the well, which opens the last (first) shortcut door.

-- Mummy Pit adjustments, so bots can move through quickly once it has been cleared.

-- Fixes for barnacle gun ladder, if 3 bots bunch up on the ladder they should sort out quickly, but it likely won't happen with this waypoint.

-- Blooders Pool is about the same, but added unreachable wpts for slaves, and waypointed the battery there.

-- Waypointed more pickups for bots, new wpts/paths & re-pathed areas for more movement options. Waypoint positions adjusted for smoother navigation at corners, etc.

---------------
Details
---------------
*1. Bots grappling will be near perfect as long as no other bot/player gets in the way. Bots move faster in this area now, for more attempts at the HT, and bots are no longer forced to stay on the HT wpt. The main reason I did that was, the first bot that survives the blooders pool & barnacles almost always goes straight to the HT wpt. This way the first surviving bot will open the shortcut door within about a minute or less.

I adjusted the jump wpt for the HT and I think the success rate is better. I noticed there is a pattern to the HT. First, the HT bot must be very close to the HT wpt, most of the time they are, but sometimes they get to far forward or off to the side, then towers will likely fail, but bots reset quickly too. The first time there, the jumping bot will land on the HT bots left shoulder, left shoulder jumps almost always fail here. If the bot roles remain the same, the jumping bot will almost always land on the HT bots right shoulder (or to the right of last attempt) the second time, and he will make a successful landing on the platform above. After adjusting the jump wpt, bots can even make the jumps if they are slightly left of center on the HT bot. I've seen them make backwards & reverse peroet jumps this way...

*2. Since my last release I've done about 20 revisions of the waypoint, yikes, a bit insane, I know blink.gif ... This whole area, cavern, shortcut door & skulls, and bridge area is where most of my time was spent. So I've tested for the stuckage problem here extensively. Since changing to the current config, there have been 3 stuck bots, 2 got free on thier own in under 2 minutes. I had to push up against & crowbar the 3rd bot, which freed up as soon as it came out of a crouch, so not to bad.

So to reduce stuck bots here, the path is oneway, new wpt/path that goes around that skull, and a staynear givetype was added. There are some collisions due to the way I have the bots opening the shortcut door. From the rope side they fall to the door. This causes bots to spin in place for about 10 seconds, then they turn around and go back up the rope. But once the door is open, falling bots from above can collide with bots climbing the rope, but it has been sorting out ok, without any permanent jams or stuck bots on the skull or the rope. I did have to raise the top wpt a bit for bots getting stuck near the top of the rope, that seems fixed.

Also, bots will still go opposite to the oneway path, it is a very short oneway path at the openslater wpt. There is a couple ways this will happen, colliding bots will be forced across, or falling bots run across the open path, they will just go right back up the rope or go to the cavern jumps, it works ok... I did leave a wpt over the top of the skull, I'm not sure at this point if it helps or hurts, but since the stuck bots are so rare, I chose to leave it in...

*3. I adjusted the jumps at the cavern stones for a faster PC, mainly had to fix the last jump where bots veered hard right. The easy fix would of been to just force bots to the alternate looping jump, but now they do both the loop & straight jump. I did add a wpt and adjust several for this wpt, but the main problem for the straight jump was way back on the first stone. All that was needed to fix the veering right on last stone jump, was to slightly move the wait/staynear waypoint on the first stone to the right. The problem was like an oscillation that got worse with each jump, first right, then left, then extreme right at the last jump. Bots were not doing this on my old slow PC, but since the waypoint jumps were adjusted for the old PC, the timing is different on the faster PC! The jumps still work ok on the slower PC, but perhaps not as good as they were before?

I did have some difficulty getting bots to open the shortcut door the way I want them to. It's close now but perhaps not perfect. Sometimes 1 or 2 bots, but usually 4 to 10 bots must successfully complete the jumps. Bots often go to the bridge area then return to open the shortcut door. I didn't want bots to open the shortcut fast, I can get them doing that without a script. I wanted to force players to have to try to make these jumps, at least part of the time, they are far easier than the blooders pool jumps. On fast PC's they will probably open the shortcut quicker than I would like to see, cause they are to good at the jumps.

I set the bridge area wpts to work with the shortcut door, bots can go to the other side of bridge then return to open the shortcut. They usually are forced back by monsters or just come back on their own, but some will keep going. Sometimes bots jumping the cavern will directly open the shortcut, it's somewhat random without a script, or something they really want, like ammo or armor. I slowed the bots down at the bridge with more crouch/jump wpts, so they don't get to far ahead of players, for more action on the bridge, and for a falling problem I will post elsewhere on...

*4. At the well area, I sort of crippled the bots so it's not easy to jump into the well, for several reasons. So again they don't get to far ahead of players, much improved longer battles here, they don't open next shortcut to fast by jumping down the well quickly, and likely to press the 2nd pyramid button here before opening the last shortcut. It works most of the time, sometimes a bot gets in the well to fast.

Several tweaks wpts added here for better bot movement/action, bots will circle well and double jump to the roof.

---------------
Note: I used a few "fake" givetypes to get bots working the way I wanted. I removed all armor givetyes, as they are a big priority for the bots, they seem to effect the routes bots will prefer. Examples: I put a ammo wpt on the battery at the blooders pool, if it was armor bots would rarely get the barnacle gun, unless I put armor on that too. To get bots using the longer loop path at the cavern jumps, I tagged a wpt in the path as ammo/health, where there is none.

I should try this with 2 bots, it might be better?

I'll post a couple issues that came up on this map/rcwa, and questions, perhaps tomorrow... Enjoy... smile.gif
Cheeseh
wow amazing effort biggrin.gif . I will try to test and update the git soon
madmax2
QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Apr 16 2019, 05:14 AM) *

wow amazing effort biggrin.gif . I will try to test and update the git soon

Thank-you Cheeseh, I kinda went nuts on this one, and i'll be taking a break for a week or two on sven waypoints. I've had a dods waypoint nearly finished for some time now, I think that will be next... smile.gif

Is there a way to randomize, or delay, selective important waypoints in the script system? To control how quickly they would use a button, open a door, etc. Have them bypass an important wpt say 8 times before they go use it? This map would of been easy to script, but I didn't want bots to immediately open that shortcut at the cavern jumps, so I did not try to script it. Scripting a delay would be far easier than trying to get them doing it with waypoint methods.

It would solve some issues with the "waypoint only" method too. Like I had to allow bots to back track through that tight spot from the bridge to the canyon. That could be changed if it was scripted. Also, after testing on 2 PC's with different performance levels, It became clear finding the right balance for opening the shortcut door was going to be very difficult, and it is not constant or reliable. It is fairly constant/reliable on the fast PC, less reliable on the slow PC. Scripting it would solve that too...

I'm not eager to do it now, I think it's ok as is, but going forward it would be good to have the option to script a delay. I'll be kicking myself if it's already available... rolleyes.gif

Cheeseh
It's a good idea, though I need to remind myself with the scripting system myself to see how simple a feature is to implement (which means time I'm finding rather difficult to find !)
madmax2
No problem, I wasn't sure if that function was there or not. Perhaps some future update... wink.gif
danylopez123
Hello there, im new to the forums... well, actually i've been watching over this for a long time without i register, but now i just did.
I just wanted to say that since April 15th of 2019 there is no new updates for the converted waypoints.
Are you still working with other maps?
madmax2
QUOTE(danylopez123 @ Jun 17 2019, 06:27 AM) *

Hello there, im new to the forums... well, actually i've been watching over this for a long time without i register, but now i just did.
I just wanted to say that since April 15th of 2019 there is no new updates for the converted waypoints.
Are you still working with other maps?

Hi dany,

Welcome smile.gif ... I haven't started any new conversions, but there were a couple that have been on hold. I've been working on a dod:s waypoint that I will probably release soon. I intend to get back to it (SvenCoop), just some real-life stuff slowing me down, and it's summer weather here, too smile.gif ...

Did you have some waypointing question, or specific maps you want converted? Or just curious about the progress?

Ok, I had a look at where I left off, I started work on these maps but have not finished yet...

sc_psyko - I did do some work on this, and tested most areas, but ran into problems with the doors, so put it on hold while working on other wpts. I've had an idea how to fix the doors, so this may be the 1st one I get back to working on?

sc_activist series (sc_activist & Sc_activist3) - There were some buggy bot problems on maps 1 & 2, not sure about map 3? I'll need to re-check these with the latest rcbot version.

jumpers - I don't think I did much on this yet?

Any official map such as toonrun or toadsnatch etc. should get tested, my progress was much slower than I had hoped sad.gif ...

Yeah, there is a boat load of wpts that need testing and will need some work...

Have you tested some? Do you have any requests?

My progress during summer months will be painfully slow, but I may be willing to work on some wpts, as my time allows... wink.gif
danylopez123
QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jun 18 2019, 07:52 AM) *

Hi dany,

Welcome smile.gif ... I haven't started any new conversions, but there were a couple that have been on hold. I've been working on a dod:s waypoint that I will probably release soon. I intend to get back to it (SvenCoop), just some real-life stuff slowing me down, and it's summer weather here, too smile.gif ...

Did you have some waypointing question, or specific maps you want converted? Or just curious about the progress?

Ok, I had a look at where I left off, I started work on these maps but have not finished yet...

sc_psyko - I did do some work on this, and tested most areas, but ran into problems with the doors, so put it on hold while working on other wpts. I've had an idea how to fix the doors, so this may be the 1st one I get back to working on?

sc_activist series (sc_activist & Sc_activist3) - There were some buggy bot problems on maps 1 & 2, not sure about map 3? I'll need to re-check these with the latest rcbot version.

jumpers - I don't think I did much on this yet?

Any official map such as toonrun or toadsnatch etc. should get tested, my progress was much slower than I had hoped sad.gif ...

Yeah, there is a boat load of wpts that need testing and will need some work...

Have you tested some? Do you have any requests?

My progress during summer months will be painfully slow, but I may be willing to work on some wpts, as my time allows... wink.gif

I have tested some but because of the long time it's been since i don't play Sven-Coop, i will have to see them again at some point.

As for a request... i currently dont have any... or at least... for the old Half-Life campaign waypoints converted for the new SC 5.0 now that there are less maps because they are more in 1 for some parts.

But there is no rush for that, i can always wait for new updates.
danylopez123
Ok, i've been thinking about a request, to start, how about the sc_tetris maps?
The waypoints feels incompleted.
madmax2
Hi dany,

I believe Ryusho was working on tetris maps. Not sure how far along he is, but I think he still stops by the forums, he just did a few days ago. Perhaps he has something to share? I kinda dread doing the tetris maps cause of all those tight spots and all looks the same, and lots of puzzles & jumps, very difficult waypointing. Right now I have my hands full of projects, but I will keep your request on the list, but would like to hear from Ryusho first. It would be a while before I could attempt the tetris maps, I think?

See here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=14829

I'm always interested in what other members want though... smile.gif
danylopez123
It's been 3 months since i don't say any other thing here.

Now i wen't to that page and said something there.

I was also thinking about the main Half-Life campaign for the RCBots as it was having them in the older Sven-Coop versions.

But now that the HL Maps are updated for Sven-Coop, i guess at some point should convert/fix them for the new ones.
danylopez123
No offence but...
No one is answering so... the Forums might be dead now.
If anyone is still alive, contact me in my Discord bellow.
madmax2
Hey guys,

I Hope everyone is well & safe from covid-19. With some free time this last week I decided to convert & fix sc_psyko rcw. It is playable now and I made a script to help the bots. The bots are no longer freezing up in the spawn area. It works ok, but openslater wpts will not work on 6 of the 10 doors in the spawn room, or the floor to the final area. As a result, bots will try to go through these 6 doors (& the floor) before they are available. I think this issue may have to do with the way the map was constructed (although the old bots had no problem with openslater on this map?), the 4 doors that do work with OL, are all on one side of the room.

I do think the script does help the bots find the open door faster, as compared to no script, and it definitely helps when the final area opens, bots will go there fast. Before that bots will tend to "check" a few doors in the spawn room before going to the correct door. As more doors open and areas are completed, those goals/areas are disabled in the script. But even after areas are completed, bots continue to return to those areas to "investigate"? So in an attempt to minimize this I removed all "pickup" flags (health, ammo, armor & weapon), even in the final area. I believe this is a separate issue from the door issue. I did a test rcwa, without Important or pickup flags, without a script, and bots have the same behavior, running back to completed areas. If you kill all the enemies there, bots may go there less. Most of these areas have a separate return path (a large loop) so bots won't be trapped there after all enemies are gone.

Once the goals are checked off in the script and all enemies are killed in completed areas, bots don't go as deep into those areas and tend to return to the central hub. But with some areas bots go all the way to the end frequently, such as the slime area, not sure why, perhaps the big loop path?

Play testing actually was ok, with 2 bots I usually had one bot helping me, with some short intervals alone. Perhaps you could add a 3rd bot after more areas have opened, but because of some tight ladders (pumpkin & diamond) I recommend 2 bots to play.

I did rework some jumps (lava & slime) and add fixes for rcbot-as. Overall, the rcwa works well, it would be better if openslater worked on all doors.

Oh, and this is a conversion of the original rcw, and as with that rcw, bots don't do everything. All elevated things, such as buttons in slime, forest, & cloud need to be done by the player.

I'll probably add it to the pack at a later date, once i'm sure it is final. wink.gif

[edit] These doors have openslater wpts on them, the rest don't:
wave
ice
forest
pig
RoboCop
I've just tested this waypoint, I know that map is complicated as well requiring two players to simultaneously press buttons to unlock doorways. But they seem to work ok...
danylopez123
Finally! Glad to see that this is still alive!
madmax2
Robocop:
I've just tested this waypoint, I know that map is complicated as well requiring two players to simultaneously press buttons to unlock doorways. But they seem to work ok...

Thanks, Yeah I tried to just get it functional so 1 player with 2 bots could do it. It is possible to play singleplayer, you just need to be very quick on the buttons, the cloud buttons might be the most difficult? The bots help with that one now..

dany:
Finally! Glad to see that this is still alive!

Yeah, it has been a long time. I've been having to re-learn some things on the waypointing and studying the scripting. This one was a real challenge for me to script. I tried a lot of things on the doors that didn't work (!=), to block bots from using closed doors. Only openslater effectively blocks the bots...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone:

Not sure how much time I will be able to spend on this, but I started fixing shattered. I'm as far as the fans now, and I have them going through the lower fans good now. Had to fix some ladder issues. I noticed bots stuck at that first vent last night, I think I need to add fallback path there?

I also checked suspension, since the map has updated. Everything looks to be working, except the last ladder to go under the bridge for the RPG's, the ladder has been moved. Bots won't try to get the RPG's or use the ladder as it is blocked by the openslater wpt. There is also a light post bots may hang up on. The current rcwa should work ok, i'll fix it later... Suspension is not the best map for bots, I recommend no more than 1 or 2 bots, they will just eat up the tickets. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase tickets beyond 50? I tried adding starthealth 125, startarmor 100, weapon_medkit and grenades, but everything is stripped except the grenades. Any idea if there is a way around that so bots could have more start health, armor & a medkit? They really die to fast on this map...

I also was checking sc_persia on a slower PC (lower frame rates), and noticed they were not making the first peg jump as well as they should be. When they got to the lattice, they could not get on it at all. At the lattice I tried adjusting the wpt, but no help. I tried gl_vsync 1 & 0, and various settings for fps_max, but it didn't help to much. I should try lowering the graphics settings to boost the fps, currently about 40fps. I did try the march & april builds of rcbot, and they seemed a lot better at both the peg jumps & the lattice on the slower PC! My faster PC seems ok with the latest build. I should try rcbot visrevs & navrevs on the slow PC? Note: I'm not sure yet but the lattice issue may be partly due to a code change, as I noticed bots are looking to the side before & during their jump up to the lattice, I don't think they were doing that with the older builds?

The jumps on sc_doc were near perfect on my fast PC, not tested yet on the slower one.

If you see any significant jumping problems with any of the posted rcwa's in this topic, i'd like to hear about it. Give me the fps you are getting and perhaps cpu/gpu specs. With these rcwa's bots should be successful at the jumps at least 50% of the time (the 1st peg jumps on sc_persia should be that good, but it could be lower, but not every bot should be falling there). Keep in mind this is a single bot jumping, more than one bot at the jumps may cause bots to fail the jumps. It would be good to know if the rcwa's/jumping puzzles are working well enough on your PC too, as it takes a long time for me to retest all the rcwa's in this topic...

I probably can't do much about it from the waypointing side, but would like to know if there are other solutions I can tell people to try, such as increasing fps by lowering screen resolution, I don't know if that helps, atm. And I don't know if this is a big problem or not. I would like to know what settings or PC I should use to waypoint the jumps, so the rcwa will work correctly on other/user PC's.
RoboCop
Has anyone made waypoints for that uplink map?
madmax2
QUOTE(RoboCop @ Apr 8 2020, 06:11 AM) *

Has anyone made waypoints for that uplink map?

I thought I had a waypoint that was more complete than the included waypoint, but can't find it so far? I have a couple more PC's to check in a few days...
RoboCop
It's incomplete.
madmax2
QUOTE(RoboCop @ Apr 10 2020, 02:05 PM) *

It's incomplete.

Almost forgot about uplink, I have a couple hard drives to check for a waypoint, I'd rather not start from scratch if I don't have to... I was sure I had a waypoint to the end of the map, it may of been for the old rcbot, but can't find that either??? huh.gif

Should be done with shattered soon, spent a lot of time on it, bots having some buggy issues slowing me down...
madmax2
I converted shattered, it's a WIP wpt... Bots navigate the map well, but there are a couple places bots have problems. There is some details in the readme with the rcwa. I'll post some details in next couple days. I may need to rework one vent... Going to take a break from this one for a few days. wink.gif

@Robocop

I did some checking for uplink, I confused uplink with the older hldemo 1, 2, & 3 waypoints, so no I don't have a waypoint for uplink. Do you need me to make a rcwa for uplink?

[edit - 4-24-20] I reworked the 2nd vent with more waypoints, etc... A new rcwa was uploaded...
The readme has a few details on that vent...
RoboCop
QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 22 2020, 05:01 AM) *

I converted shattered, it's a WIP wpt... Bots navigate the map well, but there are a couple places bots have problems. There is some details in the readme with the rcwa. I'll post some details in next couple days. I may need to rework one vent... Going to take a break from this one for a few days. wink.gif

@Robocop

I did some checking for uplink, I confused uplink with the older hldemo 1, 2, & 3 waypoints, so no I don't have a waypoint for uplink. Do you need me to make a rcwa for uplink?

Yes please do
madmax2
QUOTE(RoboCop @ Apr 24 2020, 02:49 AM) *

Yes please do

Uplink is WIP smile.gif

Also, shattered was updated yesterday ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.